Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just became a member because you all give some great advise. I have read most post regarding the typical overheating of the 660.

I replaced the head gasket on mine because it was blown after my son swamped it. Just got it back together and let it idle for a while (10 minutes) and it began to overheat. I noticed the fan wasn't coming on so I direct wired the fan it ran fine. So I jumped the thermo switch with a wire and it wouldn't run. So I then jumped the thermo switch and the relay back at the battery. Still a no go. When I put a meter to the hot wire of the thermo switch it get 12.74 volts. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
785 Posts
well you need two things to make fan work. 12v and a ground.
you confirmed you have 12 volts at thermo switch then I would be looking for a break in a ground ire somewhere.
use a jumper wire at fan a ground and see if thermno swith and fan work properly

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wernerwilliam. Thanks for your help. When searching for the ground fault I noticed I hooked the wrong terminals up under the hood when putting it back together from the head gasket change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts