Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 grizzly 700 and in my quest to solve intermittent stalling problem have noticed that idle hunts (fluctuates) when fully warmed up at idle. I have checked for leaks at throttle body boots and found nothing. It's my understanding that idle should be relatively constant. Sometimes idle will drop down to 1100 to 1200, them jump ton1400/1450 back down to 1375 then down to 1200 and then down to 1150........it hunts all over the place. Bike runs well otherwise other than occasional stall and it starts right back up. Stalls seem to be when idle goes low and I go to increase throttle a little it stalls. All stalls or stopped at idle or just of idle. No high speed stalling. Spark plug has been replaced.Bike has exhaust tip and moose racing air filter. Filter does not appear to be anything special but more like an aftermarket (OEM) style filter. Has anyone experienced this? If so what did you find as culprit. Could it be an idle, air control valve of sorts that is built up with varnish or carbon? I reading the rams via an aftermarket inductive tach.....so who knows how accurate it is but the idle fluctuations can be heard by ear. Maybe air filter is not giving consistent air flow to throttle body or injector spray erractic? Sorry for the long posts and all the details, just thought the more info the better. Please help me find method of steps to track down problem.

Thanks in advance

Mark

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Start by cleaning your idle air control valve. This involves removing it from the throttle body. Use brake clean and acid brushes to help. Sometimes they can get dirty with carbon build up, and this can give an erratic idle. Do not forget to clean the area where the IACV attaches to the throttle body. Spray cleaner inside and use the brushes, rags and compressed air.

Fyi: if you need to replace the IACV, you can't purchase it from Yamaha as a separate peice. You must purchase the complete throttle body. I have read the Suzuki King Quad uses the same IACV and you can purchase it separately, part #:13520-31G00.
I have not confirmed this.

You may also find a few different names for the valve. Some call it the Idle Speed Control (ISC), or Idle Speed Control Valve (ISCV). Either way, it's the same part.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dezz- Thanks for your response. Do you know where i can see a diagram of throttle body showing me idle air control valve. Maybe I missed it but did not see it in service manual.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Dezz- Thanks for your response. Do you know where i can see a diagram of throttle body showing me idle air control valve. Maybe I missed it but did not see it in service manual.
Google it might find you a picture of it. Copy and paste the link to see a picture of the Suzuki throttle body. Item #2 is the part your looking for.

https://www.motosport.com/atv/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2011/KING-QUAD-750AXI-4X4/THROTTLE-BODY?avad=55963_b1213f9b9&code=MS-AF-AL-LINK&utm_campaign=Affiliates&utm_source=AL&utm_medium=Affiliates&commsource=al&redirect=1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not adjusted the valves before but it is on my to do list. Im fairly mechanically inclined but a little nervous doing it the first time because I don't what to screw something up.......do you know of any videos for adjustment on 07 grizzly? Seems like bulk of work is getting everything off machine to get to valve covers. Intake looks easy but exhaust look like pain in ass to get access. Anyones experience or advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
I have not adjusted the valves before but it is on my to do list. Im fairly mechanically inclined but a little nervous doing it the first time because I don't what to screw something up.......do you know of any videos for adjustment on 07 grizzly? Seems like bulk of work is getting everything off machine to get to valve covers. Intake looks easy but exhaust look like pain in ass to get access. Anyones experience or advice would be much appreciated.
Before you do anything else, you got to adjust the valves. 11 years old and you've never done them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its not to bad . once you put it to tdc pull off your air box to get to your intake . The exaust valves are eazy . Pull your coolant resivor and one bolt from the fender that gave me plenty of room to get in there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine idled fine for 1 day when,I,cleaned the idle speed control. Should I replace it? I have a new injector,fuel pump,fuel filter,plug,new throttle position sensor.I'm running out of things to replace.it will idle for about 20-30seconds when warm,then spit thru the throttle body,and instantly die.it doeant stumble,or hesitate,it just dies instantly.please help!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dezz- In a post a year or 2 ago I had an intermittent stalling problem on 2007 grizzly 700 and you were stressing checking valves for adjustment. I did it and then recently had to a Yamaha dealer to check them and they adjusted them just a little. They also found a little black plastic box that was wired into temp sensor. Brought bike home and it stalled once while riding and idle still fluctuates based on inductive tachometer.....as well as you can hear it with your ear. The dealer said the box was definitely not stock but did not know what is was for.....my guess is it was part not removed from old tuner or mod of some sort. Anymore ideas on what could be causing stalling. It never does it at high idle....only at low idle or when your just giving it gas slowly.

Thanks in advance

Mark

·
Registered
grizzly 700 fi eps 4x4 year 2009
24 Posts
Dezz- In a post a year or 2 ago I had an intermittent stalling problem on 2007 grizzly 700 and you were stressing checking valves for adjustment. I did it and then recently had to a Yamaha dealer to check them and they adjusted them just a little. They also found a little black plastic box that was wired into temp sensor. Brought bike home and it stalled once while riding and idle still fluctuates based on inductive tachometer.....as well as you can hear it with your ear. The dealer said the box was definitely not stock but did not know what is was for.....my guess is it was part not removed from old tuner or mod of some sort. Anymore ideas on what could be causing stalling. It never does it at high idle....only at low idle or when your just giving it gas slowly.

Thanks in advance

Mark
hello from a small french, I have a problem with this piece .. it has burned out .. I ordered / fitted a new one but after 5 minutes it has burnt out again .. in your opinion what can this it come from?
sorry for the mistakes i do not write and speak english .. so i use translate ..
many thanks to you for your help and understanding

·
Registered
24 Posts
hello from a small french, I have a problem with this piece .. it has burned out .. I ordered / fitted a new one but after 5 minutes it has burnt out again .. in your opinion what can this it come from?
sorry for the mistakes i do not write and speak english .. so i use translate ..
many thanks to you for your help and understanding
please also apologize for my no presentation .. I can not find the post dedicated ..

·
Premium Member
10,634 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Add a signature to your account, this lists your bike and all mods and appears in each post you make.
Start a new thread to keep us on your problem.
Click on forum list and open a section, then start a new discussion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Add a signature to your account, this lists your bike and all mods and appears in each post you make.
Start a new thread to keep us on your problem.
Click on forum list and open a section, then start a new discussion.
thanks to you, i will try to do it right

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't get to exited by the IACV it work or it don't as far as know they are the same as the Yamaha outboard and can be purchased separate mine was replaced didn't fix it it was valve clearance and cam timing stretch chain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts