Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2007 Grizzly 450 and bought a badlands 3500 and a KFi winch mount. There seems to be a bumper cross member that is in the way on the side of the winch that you can turn the selector for free spooling. I did have a badlands 5000 but returned if for the same but worse issue.I really hate to drop down to the 2500 especially since I dont know if it will even clear that bumper cross member. I found 2 threads with pics on this issue but the pics are gone now. Neither talked about the work around in detail but one spoke of taking off material from the cross member.

Just wanted to get some opinions on this. Should I try and bend or shave the cross member or drop to the 2500 and hope it works?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got it, had to use a longer bolt and it’s not 100% metal to metal on one side of the cross member but it 95%. Then tightened down everything and used a pry bar against the cross member and pryed just enough to let the engage / free spool dial turn freely. Wired up just like the guide said with handle bar button and 10 ft remote. Seemed to work just fine. Took it up the creek in deep water and then pulled a small log from the woods with it and no issues.

Thanks,
Nate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts