Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Grizzly 700 EPS Red
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for anyone out there that wants a third headlight from the 2nd gen Grizzly 700s on a 1st gen, this is for you. Its doable and it works, but you need to know how to do some wiring and some basic mechanics. It should cost around $100, unless you want a black cover then its around $200. You will have to cut the plastic below the handle bar to accommodate for the new plastics. You will have to extend the wires for the gauge about 16”-20”. To connect the third headlight, I spliced into the wiring for the front headlights. There isn’t any trouble with the handlebars fitting, although you may have some trouble with the brake cables. I ordered my parts from Partzilla. They have a diagram that shows where everything goes. That page also has part numbers and prices along with the quantity of parts that is needed. Before you start cutting into the wiring harness for the gauge wiring, first disconnect the battery. If you don’t, you will blow one of the fuses on your stator, causing the gauge to only light up green and nothing to be displayed. The final product is pretty cool looking.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,026 Posts
Nice job on that !

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Well done!

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts