Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just bought a stock 2009 550 Grizzly and want to do some wheels and tires. Use it around the house, snow plowing, mild trail riding, minimal mudding. Want it to look mean though. I’m thinking 26”. Any recommendations for something affordable?

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Welcome BryanB and there are lots of great tire threads on here with good reviews for different tires. My suggestion is do plenty of homework as it's a big purchase. I personally love my Maxxis Bighorns but the Bear claw HTr's have really good reviews and look more aggressive than your normal trail tire. My buddy has the HTR's and loves them.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Hey guys. Just bought a stock 2009 550 Grizzly and want to do some wheels and tires. Use it around the house, snow plowing, mild trail riding, minimal mudding. Want it to look mean though. I’m thinking 26”. Any recommendations for something affordable?
I've heard good things about AMS Slingshots. I've suggested them to others ( two different guys) who now own sets of 26" and both absolutely love them. Check out this thread.

http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/grizzly-tire-wheel-combos/104114-25-tire-shootout.html

I run 26" Pitbull Growlers BG2.5 on my 550 Grizzly. They're an amazing tire and just look Evil, but they tend to be more expensive and heavier then other brands.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are you selling the rims?????:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought Dirt Commanders for my 2009 550. I turns them just fine. They are a great all around tire. Mostly central Pa riding on a lot of shale rock and dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys. I see theres an entire post/sticky on wheels and tires. It’s great to be able see tire and rim combos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts