Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I had an aftermarket cvt clutch installed. I didn't like it so took it to rapid revolution in Edmonton. They put it all back together and I have ever since had a weird sound coming from my clutch area whenever you let of the gas in gear. Doesn't happen in neutral. Not sure what to do about this. Took the entire clutch apart and regreased it. Didn't help. Not sure where to go from hear. Anybody else had this issue?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
9,277 Posts
Describe the noise, clunk, clank, buzz, bang, thump, metallic grinding. Maybe post a recording of the noise.

·
Registered
2008 Grizzly 700 EPS Red
21 Posts
A few years ago I had an aftermarket cvt clutch installed. I didn't like it so took it to rapid revolution in Edmonton. They put it all back together and I have ever since had a weird sound coming from my clutch area whenever you let of the gas in gear. Doesn't happen in neutral. Not sure what to do about this. Took the entire clutch apart and regreased it. Didn't help. Not sure where to go from hear. Anybody else had this issue? View attachment 102706
Sounds like it might be the primary sheave weights. When they installed the primary back on, they might have slid the primary to the “open” position, causing some of weights to fall out of their tracks and rattle around when given throttle. If you haven’t driven it around like that too much, then the weights might be salvageable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts