Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just bought a 2011 550 fi and it has some kind of aftermarket front bumper that replaced oem that i want to change. iv looked at the moose, strongmade, and bison but from what i can tell they all mount to oem bumpers. so my question is are there any aggressive and protective front bumpers that fully replace oem? thank you for any help.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,049 Posts
The FAQ Thread link has a thread dedicated to front bumpers available for that era of Grizzly 700/550. You might browse that and see if you come away with what you're looking for and hope it is still available to purchase.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I went with Guru bumpers on my 2011. They've held up nicely. All welded powder coated steel no plastic end caps. Super easy to install and light weight.

Worked out pretty good for a 12" light bar installed years later.

Custom ATV Accessories | ATV Guru

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i have looked on the faq and done search’s for front bumpers, but from what i can see everything, with decent protection, mounts to the oem bumper. the problem is mine got replaced by some aftermarket crap, doesn’t look bad but i want more protection. but it would have to fully replace oem.

grizz2011 does that front bumper just mount to oem? because it looks like it does to me.

i will try to upload a picture of what on mine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
4 mounting points. The 2 uppers use the front rack mounting holes "vertical bumpers", the bottom 2 use "clamp" the horizontal bumper of the front carry bar assembly.
You will probably need to have the factory front carry bar for any after market bumper/brush guard installation. See red arrows-circles below.

Red arrows above show attachment points.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thank you that’s what i was afraid of, i’ll have to keep an eye out for a oem bumper, thank you

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,049 Posts
The aftermarket Yamaha HD front bumper is a full replacement, must remove the front OEM bumper, but I don't think you can find it new any longer. You might be able to find an old new stock or someone selling it used.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I bu
The aftermarket Yamaha HD front bumper is a full replacement, must remove the front OEM bumper, but I don't think you can find it new any longer. You might be able to find an old new stock or someone selling it used.
I bumped my 2013 700 into a tree while snow riding in January and wrecked my Yamaha HD bumper, grill, and blew up the left front fender (blue). I immediately jumped online to find replacement parts and was lucky enough to find a replacement grill, Yamaha HD bumper (last one anywhere online that I could find), and I am still waiting on the front fender from Partzilla. They keep bumping out the item since January. I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever make plastics again. I'm really tired of looking at my mishap every day. Sure hope it comes sometime...

EDIT: It was -14 farenheit and I got thrown over the bars. No helmet and home alone at the time. I'm grateful that all I lost was some parts. I was going 8 mph.

Reactions: reogem

·
Registered
984 Posts
I bu

I bumped my 2013 700 into a tree while snow riding in January and wrecked my Yamaha HD bumper, grill, and blew up the left front fender (blue). I immediately jumped online to find replacement parts and was lucky enough to find a replacement grill, Yamaha HD bumper (last one anywhere online that I could find), and I am still waiting on the front fender from Partzilla. They keep bumping out the item since January. I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever make plastics again. I'm really tired of looking at my mishap every day. Sure hope it comes sometime...

EDIT: It was -14 farenheit and I got thrown over the bars. No helmet and home alone at the time. I'm grateful that all I lost was some parts. I was going 8 mph.
View attachment 100936
Meh.. It'll buff out..... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,795 Posts
@MNDirtRider ....your name is "dirt rider"
Last May I ordered an air-filter with the cage for my 700. They sent the foam filter within days. I emailed asking when will the cage be here. They had me return the filter then they reordered the "unit" been. They have been bumping delivery it out ever since. Aug 15 is the the ETA.
I don't really need filter as I have 3 filters for each machine. I want the cage for a project I've been working on.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
@MNDirtRider ....your name is "dirt rider"
@reogem - That's clearly the problem. I should have known better than to ride in the damn snow! LOL! I really hate winter... At least the damage is only cosmetic and I didn't get hurt. The trip over the handlebars sure caught me by surprise though.

Hope your parts come sometime this year. At this point, I'm not confident. It really bugs me that my machine looks like a jalopy.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I bu

View attachment 100936

My 2010 Grizzly after an encounter with a tree at ~20MPH riding alone like a dirt bike. Tree bit my leg too. I flew real good over the bars, perfect landing flat on my back in a smooth patch. Guardian Angles were watching me that day. No harm, but Grizzly was totaled, was able to ride back to camp. Allstate bought me another one, not too bad for $100.00 per year,....I put bumpers on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts