Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW TO THE FORUM. I recently installed a triangle atv snorkel kit. My experience wasn't great, it was a pain in the ass IMO. Needless to say my air box was all warped and cracked from exhaust heat. So before any snorkel kit I had to replace lid and box (cheap parts if you ask me). I also wrapped my header and big gun slip on for future protection. Anyways after kit was installed I took it out to a local stream. The water was very clean and flowing so I wasn't too worried about belt housing getting muddy water. Well to my surprise we took on water FAST. The belt cover would fill within 20 seconds submerged. I had some tools and managed to get a couple turns on the clamp screws on the connections thought that was it. Went under again and boom water so I was out of ideas. I brought the quad home and knowing I already had been getting water I decided to put my hose directly into belt exhaust snorkel and fill. Had nothing to lose at this point. To my surprise the covers gasket was not holding at all water was coming from all directions. I tried to tighten it down but that was no help. I decided that instead of replacing the gasket and over tightening it and having leaks again I would completely silicone it shut. Besides that issue I believe I'm sealed up tight. I'm basically using this first post to not only give some info for anyone that is interested in snorkeling their quad but also asking for advice if anyone has done this mod and what they have found is a source point for water to infiltrate the system. Thanks for reading let me know what you think!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts