Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum and I have searched for an answer to my issue but have not found one. My issue is that my 2011 grizzly 700 runs and idles fine in neutral or park but as soon as I put it into gear it stalls out. Not sure if there is a fuse blown or what. Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Does the ATV jump when you put it into gear?
Has there been any work done in the clutch area recently?

I believe you have a stuck oneway bearing (sprag clutch), the oneway is put in backwards or the idle rpm is set too high causing the wet clutch to remain engaged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the atv does not jump when put into gear it just dies, also there has been no clutch work done(all factory). Also I have noticed that the EPS light is staying on. How it happened is I went out for a ride stopped and then went to return and put it into reverse and it backed up for a bit then stalled. Would not start in gear but still idles fine in neutral and park. I am a little mechanically challenged so any help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Hey..Deadeye67..Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.

I was thinking oneway and started to write about it when I saw that Dezz beat me to it. Then I started think that it was electrical.
Low voltage can make the engine stall and make the ESP light come on.
Is your battery fully charged 12.4 volts
If your headlights on try without headlights on.
Can you start it in high or low or reverse gear?
The EPS light is coming on..Is the check engine light on?
Do you have a manual or do you know how to look into the diagnostic codes on the pod?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never thought about battery. It is the original so I was planning on buying a new one as I have noticed cold starts are a little tough. Engine light is not on just the EPS. When I get home I will try without lights. As for looking at the pod to check codes no clue. Manual just the one that came with it. Is there a service manual that I can get somewhere?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Check that the battery connections and clean and tight.
tradebit.com has manuals for $10

Look at our forum sponsor 501parts.com might find a manual there.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Hey..Deadeye67...Thanks for reporting that you got it fixed.

·
Premium Member
9,288 Posts
Check that the battery connections and clean and tight.
tradebit.com has manuals for $10

Look at our forum sponsor 501parts.com might find a manual there.
Great catch!
You cut the dealers pay a couple hundred bucks this week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts