Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member! Thanks for the ad. Here's my issue... Got a 2012 yfm300gr according to the vin. Rebuilding the top end because the customer ran it dry on coolant and smoked the piston. Call me stupid but I've looked EVERYWHERE and can't find oversized pistons or top end kits at all for this bike. Just gasket sets. Not even namura... Which id rather not use. Rather weisco but... Can't find anything at all in ANY brand.Theres nothing listed for them aside the stock piston on yamaha parts. the piston and cylinder were only slightly scored I was about to Bore the jug no problem and can go with a 1mm over piston and rings but I can't find ANYTHING ANYWHERE. There HAS to be. Someone Help!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update If anyone cares. Nobody makes it. Nobody. So I opted for a salvage factory jug that was able to be used with a light honing and new rings. Must not have been a popular bike being there is very little aftermarket for them

·
Registered
150 Posts
Would that be a Kymco motor in that one? Seems to me I heard somewhere it is... Maybe that's why it's hard to find? Glad you were able to find something that worked!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts