Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced crank shaft and before seeing how it timed with balance shaft I was wanting a little knowledge on how it timed. Any information would be greatly appreciated 馃憤馃徎

Premium Member
Welcome from Colorado.
No distributor, crank shaft position sensor.

Premium Member
I looked for a picture/schematic but didn't find one, go to our member's site for a f.s.m. and look at the crank or stator area for detailed information. I don't have a bike like yours, so no f.s.m. on file.
There's two parts that line up at the right time to fire the plug......is the simple wording, for parts details, read the service manual.

Registered
I looked for a picture/schematic but didn't find one, go to our member's site for a f.s.m. and look at the crank or stator area for detailed information. I don't have a bike like yours, so no f.s.m. on file.
There's two parts that line up at the right time to fire the plug......is the simple wording, for parts details, read the service manual.
His question has nothing to do with ignition...

Replaced crank shaft and before seeing how it timed with balance shaft I was wanting a little knowledge on how it timed. Any information would be greatly appreciated 馃憤馃徎
I believe you line up two dots on the gears. One dot will be on the crank, the other on the counter balance shaft. When the dots meet, you crank and counter balance shaft are phazed.

Premium Member
Timed/Phased/Balanced.....I interrupted wrong, oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts