Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day i drove the bike and it shut off, i could charge up the battery and get it to run for a little and it would cut out again. replaced the battery and same issue still occurred and then started to not turn over at all, the cluster board would only project the blue back light. i then replaced solinoid, starter cable and starter. now the bike will start up, allow to shift in gear, and display the whole cluster ONLY when holding down the start button. i am thinking it could be the whole starter switch but i am at a loss... any ideas????

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Have you checked the stator for voltage output when running? Is it producing charging voltage to the battery?
The fuel injected bikes need a certain voltage to run correctly. If it doesn't have the proper voltage, nothing will work right. A new battery will not help if the stator is not charging. The battery will go dead and the bike will shut off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2008 700, did same thing as yours. Ckd stator, was bad, replaced it n it ran great after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,621 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
X-2 with dezz.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Welcome from Tn. and X3 on check the charging system first. When my 08 stator went out it would charge when first started but after it ran 20 min. or so with all the lights and accessories on it would fall off below spec. I think it should be around 14V at idle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts