Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I'm looking for some input & advice. Blew the head gasket on my wheeler part of the reason being the wiring harness was butchered when I bought it, I patched it up the best I could without buying a new or used harness. The cluster would come and go working & I'm assuming I ran it hit without knowing because the temp light wasnt working. So I pulled the head had a small groove from where the gasket had blown, got it resurfaced(waiting on my valve compressor tool to come in) gunna check the springs and valves definitely replacing the valve seals. I've had to pull the plug and pour oil in the cylinder twice because the rings were sticking, so I figured while I'm in it I'd go a head and pull the cylinder. The cylinder is within specs according to the manual. The piston & pin are shot though. I've been doing some research into a higher compression piston keeping the stock bore. I'm definitely putting a harness on it now so the cluster will work correctly. I need some advice on a decent high compression piston kit within the 200$-250$ range not trying to get to crazy because I'm already dropping 200$ on a harness.
I've Been looking at this kit. Was trying to get some input on what route to take. Also I'm replacing the oil pump chain due to the play it has.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts