Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2013 700 grizzly special edition FI EPS I had a friend roll it and it ran for a little while now it blows the fuel pump fuse every time I start it. If I turn the key leave it on fuel pump primes like normal doesn’t blow. It starts and runs for a few seconds 5 or so and then it blows the 15amp fuse. I’ve checked wiring for breaks or shorts disconnected plug to cluster etc but it will still blow the fuse every time. Does anyone have any suggestions where to look? I have an appointment to take to dealer but I was hoping it wouldn’t come to that.

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Without pictures, we can't know what area to focus on. It will be the place that got bent, something like a plastic panel shifted out of place or a bent frame.
I would guess to look at the wires coming from the charging area. Just a guess without seeing anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ridgway,
Thanks for the reply not a lot of damage just slow rolled it on its side. Handlebars bent left side where kill switch location is and back guard bent. I checked all the wiring on the bars tested kill switch start switch headlight switch and disconnected the wench switch nothing appears damaged just bent bars. Like I said it will start like normal but within a few seconds the fuse blows every time. I disconnected cluster and started same condition. I just don’t know where else to look. Again thanks for the response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update. Fuse blows like before but if I take the fuel pump wire off top of the tank and start the atv it will run as long as I obviously put the plug on for a second to activate the pump then remove place back on etc it will run. Could the fuel pump be damaged or shorted causing the fuse to get hot and blow?

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
Anythings possible, in a roll something laying on the ground can push on but not puncture or stick into places, and with plastics can bend but not show obvious area of damage underneath.
Ohm the wire to detect a short both ways from the plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts