Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy my first grizzly. Found a 2015, camo with 154 miles. Asking price is 6,000. Or I can get the winch, gun boot, kolpin gas, camo bag, and a rack with sprayer for 6500. Just wondering what y'all thought.

Reactions: Grizzly63

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,329 Posts
At 154 miles, that thing is still new. Yamaha recommends the first oil change be done by the dealer at 200 miles. EPS, yes or no? EPS adds about $1000 to the original price as well as ups the used price.

If there is no visible signs of damage, it hasn't been rolled, oil is clean, compression is good, snatch it up. I'd have no issue paying $6k US for that.

My opinion, on the accessories for an additional $500, probably not as good a deal. But, depends on specific brands of those accessories and if you will use them or sell them. New prices: winch ~$200-$300 (not installed), gun boot $80, Kolpin gas $100 (mounts ~ $40), camo bag $50+, sprayer $90-$250.

The bags don't seem to last very long and a lot move to plastic instead. Then depends if you want those accessories or will sell them. If selling them, you won't make any money on them for the $500.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just paid $5,500 for my 2012 700 with 600 miles on it in excellent condition the guy who rode it was probably 70 years old.....

It had a winch and power steering......

Id say thats a great deal for a 2015 if it has power steering

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looking to buy my first grizzly. Found a 2015, camo with 154 miles. Asking price is 6,000. Or I can get the winch, gun boot, kolpin gas, camo bag, and a rack with sprayer for 6500. Just wondering what y'all thought.
Good deal...traded my 14 frizz 700 reps with 8000km on it...dealer wants $7000 for it

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At 154 miles, that thing is still new. Yamaha recommends the first oil change be done by the dealer at 200 miles. EPS, yes or no? EPS adds about $1000 to the original price as well as ups the used price.

If there is no visible signs of damage, it hasn't been rolled, oil is clean, compression is good, snatch it up. I'd have no issue paying $6k US for that.

My opinion, on the accessories for an additional $500, probably not as good a deal. But, depends on specific brands of those accessories and if you will use them or sell them. New prices: winch ~$200-$300 (not installed), gun boot $80, Kolpin gas $100 (mounts ~ $40), camo bag $50+, sprayer $90-$250.

The bags don't seem to last very long and a lot move to plastic instead. Then depends if you want those accessories or will sell them. If selling them, you won't make any money on them for the $500.
This is a non-EPS unit. Appears to be well take care of by an older gentleman as far as I can see. Waiting to hear when he'll be available for me to look at it. Only grizz Ive seen it months that wasn't trashed for a decent price.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,542 Posts
Non EPS would be a deal breaker for me. Probably pass on the extras.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm new here with very 1st trail ride on my new 2017 Grizz SE in local mtns tomorrow morning. Even so, a stock Grizz weighs prox 750# wet. Add cargo box(es) plus related gear plus rider adds up a bunch. Without steering assist, thinking it would be a brute. Perhaps one reason why so few miles rolled on the subject unit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm new here with very 1st trail ride on my new 2017 Grizz SE in local mtns tomorrow morning. Even so, a stock Grizz weighs prox 750# wet. Add cargo box(es) plus related gear plus rider adds up a bunch. Without steering assist, thinking it would be a brute. Perhaps one reason why so few miles rolled on the subject unit?
Appears to be owned by an older gentleman who only used it during hunting season, which will be my main purpose if I end up getting it.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I retract my previous statement it is indeed EPS
Whatever you do, if you're considering getting it, don't tell others here your location or where it is located, at least not until after you get it. Cause if I knew where it was I'd be trying to convince a couple friends and relatives to go buy that thing yesterday, at that price.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Good find, where exactly is the grizzly located anywhere within 500 miles of idaho ;) ive been looking for a 14/15 haha Good find IMO!

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Whatever you do, don't tell others here your location or where it is located,
Just saw the last post must have posted while i was typing haha >:)

Good luck on the grizzly i'd totally buy it!! IMO those are the best years to buy.

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the story on this grizzly is it's actually a '13 which the seller was unaware of for a really good reason. I ended up buying it anyway for 6,000. It is camo and is super clean with no scratches or anything. It has power steering, has 154 miles and 37 hrs. He threw in a kolpin gun boot, Yamaha 2500 winch, a camo bag and a hitch mounted rack that was used for a sprayer. Ok deal or no?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Congratulations on a fantastic machine. It's great it turned out to be an EPS after all. Great buy, you really couldn't go wrong.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,542 Posts
So the story on this grizzly is it's actually a '13 which the seller was unaware of for a really good reason. I ended up buying it anyway for 6,000. It is camo and is super clean with no scratches or anything. It has power steering, has 154 miles and 37 hrs. He threw in a kolpin gun boot, Yamaha 2500 winch, a camo bag and a hitch mounted rack that was used for a sprayer. Ok deal or no?
Where are you? With the extras, you did okay for my area. But there's areas of the country where you would have stole it for that price. The good news is you won't be dealing with the popping on decel issue. The bad news is if you want a wider stance like the 14+ machines, you'll need some spacers. If you plan on aftermarket wheels, wait on spacers and see what you think after the wheels. With 37 hours and considering the fluids most likely haven't been changed, jump on that first thing. Helpful tip: Be extremely with that front diff drain plug. It's very easy to strip the case threads as the plug is very short . Many have replaced it with good plugs, along with the other drain plugs. The diff is threaded all the way through the bottom of the case so it will take a longer plug.

Now... Let the mods begin!!!! What's first??

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,329 Posts
That's a good deal and you did not overpay for essentially a still new machine. Congrats!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[/quote]

Where are you? With the extras, you did okay for my area. But there's areas of the country where you would have stole it for that price. The good news is you won't be dealing with the popping on decel issue. The bad news is if you want a wider stance like the 14+ machines, you'll need some spacers. If you plan on aftermarket wheels, wait on spacers and see what you think after the wheels. With 37 hours and considering the fluids most likely haven't been changed, jump on that first thing. Helpful tip: Be extremely with that front diff drain plug. It's very easy to strip the case threads as the plug is very short . Many have replaced it with good plugs, along with the other drain plugs. The diff is threaded all the way through the bottom of the case so it will take a longer plug.

Now... Let the mods begin!!!! What's first??[/QUOTE]
I guess the first thing is get these gold plugs I've been reading about and either find a manual or read through the forum on which fluids to use and get that taken care off. Next purchase I'd like to get a blue sea fuse block and a light bar.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My cousin just paid same price for a 2012 with 120 miles, winch, STI wheels, no EPS, and he paid 7% sales tax on top of that. And there were others waiting in line behind him to buy it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.