Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to buy a new atv soon currently have a 09 grizzly 700 like the new grizzly but I would like more power just like the reliability of the yamaha has anyone made the switch to can am if what's your likes and dislikes thanks

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Lots of posts about stuff like this on here. I have both, a 08' grizzly 700 and a 13' Renegade 1000XXc. Both get the job done. I definitely ride the Renegade more now, its just 10x more fun. So far its been just as reliable for me.

·
Registered
464 Posts
How about keeping the grizzly and buying a can am?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Try them both out. The Can Am will be more maintenance but I've heard the G2 chassis has way less issues than the G1. Also, the outlanders come with cheap shocks that sag quickly.

I'd love a Renegade xxc or Outlander XTP. I'll probably end up with a new 700 Grizzly though. The cost difference is too big.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You'll love the fun factor of the outlander, but miss the simple reliability of the grizzly. I sold my 2009 700 grizzly and bought a new 2015 800xt outlander. It grows on ya. I was really missing my grizzly, and still do to some degree. But the Outty is fun and power slides are addictive.
I hate the heat it makes and the squeaks drive me nuts. I hate greasing every ride to keep it from squeaking

2015 CanAm 800xt, Dalton clutch kit, 27" STI Black Diamond XTR's

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
If your keeping the grizzly, get the can am

If you bought the grizzly in 09, and have put a lot of miles on in the last 6 years, might be better off to get another grizzly if your trading in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am in the same boat.... I had a 2011 Grizzly 700 that I sold because I bought a Can-am Commander at an awesome price.... I missed the Grizzly so much, I have actually listed the Commander for sale a couple times... But I haven't been able to let it go just yet. The power, sound, and feel of the Can-am just feels too good.... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
You'll love the fun factor of the outlander, but miss the simple reliability of the grizzly. I sold my 2009 700 grizzly and bought a new 2015 800xt outlander. It grows on ya. I was really missing my grizzly, and still do to some degree. But the Outty is fun and power slides are addictive.
I hate the heat it makes and the squeaks drive me nuts. I hate greasing every ride to keep it from squeaking

2015 CanAm 800xt, Dalton clutch kit, 27" STI Black Diamond XTR's
Get some Garage products bushings and be done with all the squeaks forever. :rocker:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts