Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

just ot my new grizz a few weeks back and slid down a slate hill and hit into a tree. The stock bumper guard is a POS and i bent in some items on the front (Right front fender, and the black piece in front of the headlight. While im replacing those parts, i would like to get a nice big bumper guard to stop this from happening again.

I need some feedback on which to buy and will it replace the front guard thats already there or do they bolt on to the same holes that the stock POS does?

New here, hoping i get some good posters not just OMG UR GAY :) lolol

Its #4 on the 2016 Grizzly SE edition 700 on rocky mountain atv, under the guard schematic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Hey all!

just ot my new grizz a few weeks back and slid down a slate hill and hit into a tree. The stock bumper guard is a POS and i bent in some items on the front (Right front fender, and the black piece in front of the headlight. While im replacing those parts, i would like to get a nice big bumper guard to stop this from happening again.

I need some feedback on which to buy and will it replace the front guard thats already there or do they bolt on to the same holes that the stock POS does?

New here, hoping i get some good posters not just OMG UR GAY :) lolol

Its #4 on the 2016 Grizzly SE edition 700 on rocky mountain atv, under the guard schematic
Yamaha sells a beefy front bumper replacement which gives lots of protection, also bolts into the existing front bumper holes after you remove the factory bumper, worth looking at for sure. hope this helps

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Welcome to GC. X2 on what griz7 said. You might also look at what Moose and other manufacturers have to offer for your machine. A quick search for "2016 grizzly bumper" on eBay and amazon should give you an idea of what's out there.

·
Grand High Inquisitioner
990 Posts
This forum tends to be more constructive in our responses than antagonistic. Most of the time.
Remember that when you reinforce something that breaks, it just means that next time, something further back and possibly more expensive is going to break.
If you get a beefy bumper and then nail another tree, you might have a bent frame next time.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
This forum tends to be more constructive in our responses than antagonistic. Most of the time.
Remember that when you reinforce something that breaks, it just means that next time, something further back and possibly more expensive is going to break.
If you get a beefy bumper and then nail another tree, you might have a bent frame next time.
This is true. However I was lucky I had that Moose front number on my '10 when I crashed and it took a hard hit on the right front. It pushed the bumper in a bit but that's all. Without the bumper, I'd have had a very expensive repair instead of the $200ish in repairs I had to make.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is true. However I was lucky I had that Moose front number on my '10 when I crashed and it took a hard hit on the right front. It pushed the bumper in a bit but that's all. Without the bumper, I'd have had a very expensive repair instead of the $200ish in repairs I had to make.
yeah my front right fender got pushed in, gonna be 800 in parts when all said and done. Trying to avoid that! Thanks for the headsup on the heavier stock replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts