Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Is it known if the 2015 or earlier oil filters are OK for the '16 grizzly 700?

I'm planning on stocking up on some filters but don't want to buy the Yamaha filters if i don't have to.

Thanks,

Scribe308

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yamaha - 5DM-13440-00-00 is what it takes, and no the 2015 and older do not fit, will not even screw on trust me the dealer gave me one for a 2015 and had to return it. there are no cross reference out there yet as I know of and don't trust it unless it has been verified. Yes I know they are expensive but your not replacing them once a week either, and besides your willing to drop $150.00 on a set of bent tubing and a couple of foot pegs so what is $15.00 every 3 to 6 mouths. LOL

Reactions: Jbones132

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Yamaha - 5DM-13440-00-00 is what it takes, and no the 2015 and older do not fit, will not even screw on trust me the dealer gave me one for a 2015 and had to return it. there are no cross reference out there yet as I know of and don't trust it unless it has been verified. Yes I know they are expensive but your not replacing them once a week either, and besides your willing to drop $150.00 on a set of bent tubing and a couple of foot pegs so what is $15.00 every 3 to 6 mouths. LOL

exactly!! can never figure out why anyone needs to save 5 bucks on a filter. When I place a order for parts I just buy extra filters with it so I have them.

Reactions: RDC

·
Registered
365 Posts
Might check with the Yamaha Wolverine 700 R-Spec. guys they came out in 2015 and run the same 708 engine. Maybe some one there has some info on this.

·
Registered
396 Posts
exactly!! can never figure out why anyone needs to save 5 bucks on a filter.
That's 2 and a half gallons of gas in these parts ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
HF-147 looks like replacement for Yamaha - 5DM-13440-00-00 and found for 7.56 a piece on fleebay... Anyone also know the number or where to get a spare AIR filter for the 16's?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well my 16 came new with the short raptor filter on it. Before I left the dealer with it I got some oil and a filter for the first change and they gave me the one for the 686 grizzlys. It's longer than the raptor one. It fit just fine. The one listed for the 16 had been saying not available on parts shark then the last time I looked it had it but no price. The one listed for the wolverine doesn't match any of em either.

Why so many diff filters Yamaha? Goodness.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Honda of east Toledo has them for 10bucs for my 2013. I buy most of my parts from them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
HiFlo Oil Filter - Gloss Black - (HF147) - List Price $7.95 ea

Constructed using the best materials available, all Hiflofiltro oil filters meet or exceed original equipment performance levels.

Fitment:
Kymco ATV

• 500 MXU / XL 06-12
  • 500 UXV 4x4 08-12
  • 550 MXU i.e. 11-12
  • 700 MXU i.e. 13
Kymco Scooter

• 500 Xciting 05-09
  • 500 Xciting RI 10-13
  • 700i MyRoad 11-13
Yamaha ATV

• YFM660 R-N,P,R,S,T Raptor 01-05
  • YFM660 RLE-R,S Raptor Black Limited Edition 03-04
Yamaha Motorcycle

• FZS600 Fazer5DM,5RT 98-03
  • FZS600 SP Fazer5DM 00-01
  • XVS1300 A Midnight Star11C 07-10
  • XVS1300 A-W,X,Y V-Star USA07-09
  • XVS1300 CT-W,X,Y V-Star Tourer USA07-09
Yamaha Scooter

• XP500 SP TMAX White MAX (1st Air Filter)4B5E,1LD 10-11
  • XP500 SP TMAX White MAX (Left Hand Side Air Filter)4B5E,1LD 10-11
  • XP500 SP TMAX White MAX (Right Hand Side V-Belt Filter)4B5E,1LD 10-11
  • XP500 TMAX (1st Air Filter)5GJ,5VU,15B 01-07
  • XP500 TMAX (1st Air Filter)4B5 08-11
  • XP500 TMAX (Left Hand Side Air Filter)5GJ,5VU,15B 01-07
  • XP500 TMAX (Left Hand Side Air Filter)4B5 08-11
  • XP500 TMAX (Right Hand Side V-Belt Filter)5GJ,5VU,15B 01-07
  • XP500 TMAX (Right Hand Side V-Belt Filter)4B5 08-11
  • XP500 TMAX TECH MAX ABS (1st Air Filter) 11
  • XP530 TMAX / BLACK MAX / Iron Max (Left Hand Side Air Filter) 12-15
  • XP530 TMAX / BLACK MAX / Iron Max (Right Hand Side V-Belt Filter) 12-15
  • XP530 TMAX / BLACK MAX / Iron Max (1st Air Filter)59C,2PW 12-15
JBONES132 -Just don't think it will fit. Your looking for YFM70GPXG

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The stock 16 filter is shorter thus the number change , I'm running Amsoil filters the same Amsoil filter that fit my 2012 also fits my 2016 .

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
The filters are the same as the older grizzlies .. the filter from factory is shorter bit now on the parts sheet they just put the old grizzly part number on quotes ... same filter just fucked with numbers

Reactions: scribe308

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
If they weren't the same my Amsoil 103 would not fit , but it fits perfect I agree with above .

Reactions: scribe308

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
This is wrong ... I have a feeling you received the wrong filter the first time all together ... as yamaha actually changed there parts manifest to include the older grizzly filters as the new number born the 2016 708 engine on the wolverine and the grizzly. It has a direct cross reference between the two now back to the earlier grizzlies

Reactions: RDC and scribe308

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the correct filter 5DM-13440-00 is what it takes, then I don't see why the HF-147 won't work... Just because our model quad isn't listed yet on HF's page doesn't mean it won't work, plus others are saying the 686 raptor filters work which if you go the HF models the raptor is listed, I'm gunna chance it and buy the 147 I'll let you guys know how it works out
Check this pic RDC maybe it'll work

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sorry my bad! good to know, thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did the 20 hr first service on my grizzly yesterday, the HF-147 filter threaded right on and is the exact same size as Yamaha's. Also, changed the final drive and front diff oils as well, and cleaned my air filter and air box... Couple things about oil, holy hat is it tough finding an equivalent to mobilfluid 424, anyone else have trouble finding 424 and if you used something else what did you choose? As far as engine oil I chose rotella's t6 5w-40 meets the Specs actually outperforms them. I recommend that you guys find a type G filter wrench 68mm with 14 flutes as my filter was really on there good and I mangled it with channel locks to get it off, the right wrench would have been real nice... Also, check the bottoms of your airbox for extra foam filter oil mine had a lot of extra down there and it was a pain to clean out. The allens are different sizes for the front and rear diffs so know that so you don't strip em out, oh and if your gunna do the job you should probably get an assortment of copper crush washers for the drain bolts. Oh and what a pain getting oil in the dang thing no funnel I own would properly work, I ended up using a hienz ketchup bottle and a clear tube to get in there, anyone have any tips for that as my method works but could be improved lol... Also, I hate waiting a full day for the air filter element to dry before re-oiling so I've ordered a spare, but of course it's been on back order, anyone using a clamp on filter yet, what are you guys using?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Def didn't run that Mobil fluid stuff. For my first service I refilled with reg ole valvoline 80/90 gear oil. Gonna end up with Amsoil stuff soon. The front already had reg gear oil in it. The rear doesn't need that wet brake compatible stuff unless u have one (new Kodiak for example).

My filter was on tight too! I also had extra air filter oil in the box and man is that the stickiest element oil I've ever seen!

For refilling my diffs I use a small clear hose. It's slow going but doesn't make a mess and is easy.

A clamp on style filter is what I prefer. I've planned to machine a piece that will attach to the air box that will allow a clamp on filter to be utilized. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I got the machine and saw how the filter is sealed and secured, if u can call it that. I hate it really.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah that is some sticky filter oil it must be belray as theirs is the same that's what ya want though to catch all the dust, but after sitting on the floor before sale that air box collected a ton of it... I also used a clear slow going tube for the diffs, but I'm also talking about filling the dang engine oil, the filler neck is so high in the cutout it makes for hard filling! I'm glad to see that you picked a "hydraulic" like fluid Lee as so did I, I picked up Lucas hydraulic universal tractor fluid, only after doing way too much bottle reading at the auto parts store. Almost went with 5 gallons of costal's version too but Lucas had a single gallon container so I bought that. Also bought 80w-90 for the front diff but ended up just using the Lucas tractor fluid. Hope it doesn't make a diff �� haha pun intended lol. Hopefully this helps someone avoid the agonizing hour of oil label reading when 424 isn't available.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts