Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting the tip and Tuner on soon and just wanted to ask if the settings from EHS should be good for my machine. I am in eastern Ontario Canada at about 1000 feet above sea level.

I don't have it installed yet, but it should be set to the following according to instructions. These are only the 1st three Modes...I won't be messing with modes 4 - 6.

G - 4

Y - 2

R - 1.5

And should I mount it in the storage box as suggested or somewhere else? I have heard people say the tuner won't stay attached to the Velcro because of the heat in the box.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Mines been in the storage box for a year now. Mounted upside down on the lid with Velcro. I also wrote the numbers next to it with silver sharpie so I won’t forget. I go back and Forth from stock to modded tip and make minor changes. With 4, 2 , 1.5 I was getting some black soot in the muffler tip. I backed the settings off 1/2 a click on the low end to 3.5 and it works better For me. I’m at less than 100 feet above sea level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: whittle450 and RDC

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines been in the storage box for a year now. Mounted upside down on the lid with Velcro. I also wrote the numbers next to it with silver sharpie so I won’t forget. I go back and Forth from stock to modded tip and make minor changes. With 4, 2 , 1.5 I was getting some black soot in the muffler tip. I backed the settings off 1/2 a click on the low end to 3.5 and it works better For me. I’m at less than 100 feet above sea level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanx...Good Info

·
Registered
100 Posts
I didn't want to notch the lid lip because that keeps water out so I brought the wires through the back of the pod and mounted mine here and taped the EHS instructions under the lid.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't want to notch the lid lip because that keeps water out so I brought the wires through the back of the pod and mounted mine here and taped the EHS instructions under the lid.
Nice idea.

·
Registered
365 Posts
EFI file controller

No problem with water or heat! I am at 1036’ using what Eric suggest for the tip and it’s been fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the stage of unplugging the Grey Stock Injector. Not sure how it comes off. The picture is from in front of the injector looking back towards it. Does it pull out forward towards the front of the machine or straight up? And is there a clip or something that needs to be pinched? I tried several different ways and can't get it off. I don't want to break something getting it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
on the picture you posted there is a tab on the grey connector that you push and at the same time if you pull on the plug up it should come off

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on the picture you posted there is a tab on the grey connector that you push and at the same time if you pull on the plug up it should come off
Ok Thanx. I actually got it off just after I posted my question. It was a bit stiff but I got it off...thanx. Only minutes away now from firing it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts