Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone Know if a 2015 grizzly front axel will fit a 2016 grizzly? It's hard to find 2016 unless from yamaha $$$$.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looking at the exploded view on Yamaha parts warehouse the 15 and 16 have different part numbers so I am thinking no.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seen that the part number doesn't match. The 2016 are pricey. There has to be other options to replace an front outer CV joint. I can seem to find an after market one. One site cobra axels sounds like the 2015 and 2016 and interchangeable.

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I seen a post on here that mention 2015 and 2016 are interchangeable. But know one actually said they've done it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
PM. cornfedinohio, he has done it, but don’t know if it was back or front axle, Just ask him.

Reactions: cornfedinohio

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone Know if a 2015 grizzly front axel will fit a 2016 grizzly? It's hard to find 2016 unless from yamaha $$$$.

I ordered a front right axle from cobra axle for my 16 grizz and install last Friday,perfect fit no issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looking at the exploded view on Yamaha parts warehouse the 15 and 16 have different part numbers so I am thinking no.

From my internet searches the ends are the same but the 16+ are suppose to be stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a section in the middle of the oem axle that is bigger then the cobra axle.I ordered the oem replacement from cobra.They also have a HD axle replacement for those who want something stronger.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is a section in the middle of the oem axle that is bigger then the cobra axle.I ordered the oem replacement from cobra.They also have a HD axle replacement for those who want something stronger.

I ordered the $250 HD and oh my what a axle to put it pg. it’s a beast. I won’t go oem ever again. Why replace it with a weaker option? Save up and get quality one the first time. My buddy has broke 5 eBay cheapos. Could have paid for a cobra already.

Just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I broke my axle because I hit a stump full bore in the deep powder.bent lower a-arm,disc brake..etc so if I had a HD axle I would have still broke the outer cv joint.I replace the complete axle cause it was cheaper then buying a oem cv joint at $450CA +tax

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Reactions: RDC

·
Registered
437 Posts
I installed a 2015 eBay axle in my 2016's right front. It's been in there for 3000 miles. I think it was called sixty and was approx $100.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts