Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's

Ive got a 2016+ Grizzly SE with the black aluminum rims (Not sure the width specs on OEM) and I'm looking to throw on some Mega Mayhem

Front: 28-9x12
Rear: 28-11x12

Does anyone run this tire spec on the factory rims and are there any issues?
Thank you!

·
Registered
44 Posts
They should work no issue.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i have a set of 28's mega mayhems on ITP 212. They are awesoom you will like those boots for sure

·
Registered
167 Posts
i have a 2inch custom built lift and am running 28x9x12 mega's rims are 4.5 offset same as front stock aluminum, i just ordered 2inch wheel spacers because its a little tipsy now. I hope this cures it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

Do you think you need the 2" lift to fit the 28 mayhems?
From what I've read, the stock 2016+ grizz can fit them without a liftt.

i have a 2inch custom built lift and am running 28x9x12 mega's rims are 4.5 offset same as front stock aluminum, i just ordered 2inch wheel spacers because its a little tipsy now. I hope this cures it

·
Registered
167 Posts
If your running 28s chances are your playin in the muck. A lift gives you more clearance and getting hung up on the undercarridge is what gets you stuck so the lift is benificial. But I am not sure if you need it to run these tires.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
You don't need a lift to install 28" tires. You can run up to 30" without a lift.

Your factory wheels are 12". Any tire for a 12" wheel will mount up on them.

Do not overthink this. These tires will mount up no problem on your Grizzly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Hey just curious how your spacers worked out for you in the end?
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a RubberDown customs 2" lift and not sure how wide of wheel spacers I should get to accommodate.

I was thinking 1" wheel spacers would be good, don't want too much mud flinging all over me right from the get go, but curious as to what your bike looks like with 2" spacers.

Did the lift bring the tires inward a lot?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts