Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any compelling reason why I would want to go with a 2017 vs a 2016 Grizzly EPS?

Did the 2016 have bugs that were worked out in the 2017, or are they both solid?

I'm buying a Grizzly soon and can still find 16's for a nice savings over the 17's... However, if the 17's are better (i.e. bugs worked out), then I'd go that route....

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Personally, I would spend extra for a 2017. I haven't heard of any 2017's having smoking issues or bad decompression springs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My 2016 not missed a beat. Only a very small number affected. The smoking seems to happen pretty quickly if its going to happen so you would be under warranty. Save the money and get a fuel tuner

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have 1800 miles on my 2016 grizzly. Does not use any oil runs like i champ,.. I hate the popping noise on deceleration, but all of the grizzly's seem to do it 16-17-18, does not matter.
It would only be for color availability that I would choose 17, or 18 over a 16 model.

The 17 and up have eliminated the Reverse shift lock feature.. But,,, I adjusted my shift lock cable to hold the pin pulled anyway.. Took all of 5 mins to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts