Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grizzly 700 has 330 miles and 51 hours I went to ride it Friday, and the valves are rattling insanely bad, very little engine power, oil consumption and obviously smoke. I’m going to get a video in the morning but this has to be a warranty issue? I am blown away at how fast things went down hill. I love the bike hopefully they’ll get it sorted out pretty fast. I am going to make a video of it in the morning hopefully you can hear it. Anyone else with valve issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I hadn’t heard of issues with the 17’s. I just hope they don’t give you any crap about your rad relocate and snorkels voiding your warranty. If there’s a known “good dealer” I your area, that’s where I’d go first. And I’m assuming that it’s never been sunk, right? Sharp machine, by the way!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I wish I could help you but I can't. Awesome bike though!

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: Grizzcrazy

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just curious. Did you happen to make sure all the weights were in the channels. I learned the hard way that this can cause power loss and damage weights.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious. Did you happen to make sure all the weights were in the channels. I learned the hard way that this can cause power loss and damage weights.

Yes I was very careful on it

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
X2 on good luck getting warranty with the snorkels and Radiator kit. If it hasn't been sunk they will probably claim it has to get out of warranty claim.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
X2 on good luck getting warranty with the snorkels and Radiator kit. If it hasn't been sunk they will probably claim it has to get out of warranty claim.

The snorkels and radiator shouldn’t make valves go bad. I’m dropping it off tomorrow to see what the issue is and will update as I hear back

Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The snorkels and radiator shouldn’t make valves go bad. I’m dropping it off tomorrow to see what the issue is and will update as I hear back

No one is saying your mods are what caused the damage to your engine, what they are saying is certain dealers may not honour warranties on a machine with those styles of modification.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No one is saying your mods are what caused the damage to your engine, what they are saying is certain dealers may not honour warranties on a machine with those styles of modification.

I didn’t mean to imply they were saying that. I’m saying if they try to blame the mods on the damage that it wouldn’t make sense. But you never know with the warranty. I called yamaha customer service and asked if the valves were covered. As long as it’s not just adjusting them I’m covered if they failed in any other way. She said as long as no other debris in the motor I should be fine ??*♂

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I didn’t mean to imply they were saying that. I’m saying if they try to blame the mods on the damage that it wouldn’t make sense. But you never know with the warranty. I called yamaha customer service and asked if the valves were covered. As long as it’s not just adjusting them I’m covered if they failed in any other way. She said as long as no other debris in the motor I should be fine ??*♂

I hope this goes smoothly for you but I won’t be surprised if you get some push back from the dealer. Be sure you mention your conversation with Yamaha. Might also be a good idea to look at your intake to inspect for dust ahead of time. Take a pic on your phone with a time and date. I wouldn’t put it past them to claim the motor is dusted and then when you ask to see the intake, they claim they already cleaned it up. Cover your a$$!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope this goes smoothly for you but I won’t be surprised if you get some push back from the dealer. Be sure you mention your conversation with Yamaha. Might also be a good idea to look at your intake to inspect for dust ahead of time. Take a pic on your phone with a time and date. I wouldn’t put it past them to claim the motor is dusted and then when you ask to see the intake, they claim they already cleaned it up. Cover your a$$!!

I checked the intake it’s clean, the only thing I’m kinda concerned with is the fact I have a uni air filter. I’ll be sure to get a pic
Thoughts on topping the oil off? It’s low bevause it’s burning it so bad.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts

I hope this goes smoothly for you but I won’t be surprised if you get some push back from the dealer. Be sure you mention your conversation with Yamaha. Give them the name of the person you talked to. Might also be a good idea to look at your intake to inspect for dust ahead of time. Take a pic on your phone with a time and date. I wouldn’t put it past them to claim the motor is dusted and then when you ask to see the intake, they claim they already cleaned it up. Cover your a$$!! I’d be willing to bet you that what they get paid by Yamaha for warranty work is less than their hourly labor rate for the average joe that walks through the door.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do have factory warranty and the longest extended warranty they’d sell me at the time of purchase. Hopefully it’ll weigh in on the results

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I do have factory warranty and the longest extended warranty they’d sell me at the time of purchase. Hopefully it’ll weigh in on the results

I hope you’re right.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If it's not to late I'd put the std air cleaner back on, if a service manager see's a unifilter in there he will immediately think "hmmm what else has this guy done, has he accidently dropped something in the intake while putting that filter on? Has he been reving crap out of it in the mud?" try & cover a few bases.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it's not to late I'd put the std air cleaner back on, if a service manager see's a unifilter in there he will immediately think "hmmm what else has this guy done, has he accidently dropped something in the intake while putting that filter on? Has he been reving crap out of it in the mud?" try & cover a few bases.

I don’t have the stock one anymore it ripped when I took it off.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dealer did a basic diagnostic. I have good compression, they are taking the top end off tomorrow. The tech said he thought the noise was coming from the bottom end. I disagreed. And it’s burning oil. It can’t be a bottom end problem?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I hope this one comes out in your favor @Jordan.6195. With the mods you have on it, I don't know of a dealer near me that would even try to make a warranty claim - they all want to take the easy road. Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts