Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year I bought a 2017 Grizzly, come to find out it had a 708 motor. Called the dealer , an dealer said to bring it in and have the updated kit installed. Yay! Just pulled the dipstick before an oil change, and its low... Has anyone else had this issue? The dealer claims Yamaha won't do anything about it now that the recall/tsi was done.

·
Registered
699 Posts
So last year I bought a 2017 Grizzly, come to find out it had a 708 motor. Called the dealer , an dealer said to bring it in and have the updated kit installed. Yay! Just pulled the dipstick before an oil change, and its low... Has anyone else had this issue? The dealer claims Yamaha won't do anything about it now that the recall/tsi was done.
Just because the oil is low doesn't mean you have a problem. Ever engine will use a little oil as it wears. Some more so than others but a low oil could mean it's do for a oil change. Some engine use more oil when the the oil gets contaminated. As for the TSB. As far as I know it's a 5 year deal so you should have 1 year yet.

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
It may not be broke, and X-2 on a tab low before an oil change.
They don't fix a good (properly operating) engine just for the fun/practice of doing it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I had a 2016 Wolverine with the same motor. I traded it after it had to go back for the 3rd tear down due to oil consumption. My machine had less thank 2000 miles on it. Document, document, document every time you check the oil and do any service. My dealer was very good to work with but it was a real hassle with all the down time. I also started taking video of every cold start-up to have proof of the smoking along with every oil check. If you're going back in, they will ask a lot of questions.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I agree with MNDirtRider. Document the mileage and check the oil level and mileage before every ride. Check the oil level right after the oil & filter change so you know where the level is at. Some 708's have problems and some don't. So far my 708 has been great with no issues at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts