Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Reverse Override ? My 16 has a speed limiting override switch for 4x4 differential lock. Cuz, speed is limited in 4x4, this allows you to get more power in DL if you need it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I mean is . Can I cut a wire and put in a switch that will allow me full speed in reverse. Kind of a pain to be limited when playing in mud

·
Registered
150 Posts
I guess technically you could disconnect the two wires coming from the override button and just connect them. I just don't see the point of going through that when all you have to do is push the button...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I hate pushing the button.
Plowing is a pain with a slow reverse.
I found a post a while back when I owned my 2009 700.
I grounded out the wires coming off of the motor at the reverse indicator switch. I have not done my 2016 yet, but likely will soon.

2016 Grizzly 700 le,
26 Bighorns on Stock wheels.
1 1/2" custom tip, EHS fuel controller.
1.5mm shim and Dalton Metallic Red secondary, 224 watt 12" LED bar.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Pushing the override button DOES NOT override reverse. It only overrides the limiter when diff lock is engaged.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Pushing the override button DOES NOT override reverse. It only overrides the limiter when diff lock is engaged.

I was not aware of this.. Good to know..

However.. What I did with grounding out the wires, bypassed all that by not letting the machine know it was in reverse. The downside is that your "R" on the dash will no longer light up when you are in reverse.. The Upside, you have full 100% power and speed in reverse.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was not aware of this.. Good to know..

However.. What I did with grounding out the wires, bypassed all that by not letting the machine know it was in reverse. The downside is that your "R" on the dash will no longer light up when you are in reverse.. The Upside, you have full 100% power and speed in reverse.
If you get yourself a Dynatek cdi all limits are of and a way better power band.and you still got your "R"light..

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Madkawi750
1 - 9 of 9 Posts