Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Watts / voltage = amps, so:

1128 / 13 = 86 amps

I don't know the excess capacity of a Wolverine's electrical system. It is about 35 amps on the pre-2016 Grizzly, and I can't imagine it's 3 times that. So, I would absolutely not install this on your Wolverine. I would also be very suspect of a $41 light bar.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Watts / voltage = amps, so:

1128 / 13 = 86 amps

I don't know the excess capacity of a Wolverine's electrical system. It is about 35 amps on the pre-2016 Grizzly, and I can't imagine it's 3 times that. So, I would absolutely not install this on your Wolverine. I would also be very suspect of a $41 light bar.
Thank you for helping him on this. Together we probably saved him alot of headache. He posted in his thread about getting a light bar and I wondered what he got etc. You can see the whole saga in the New Machine thread.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
There is no way chance in [email protected]#^ that light bar is 1200 watts.
It's only a 12" light bar. I never even looked at the watts rating. I just looked at the physical size. I am almost sure they meant 1200 "Lumens".

I have seen many eBay sellers stating completely incorrect information about their products....this being one of them in my opinion.

Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
It's only a 12" light bar. I never even looked at the watts rating. I just looked at the physical size. I am almost sure they meant 1200 "Lumens".

I have seen many eBay sellers stating completely incorrect information about their products....this being one of them in my opinion.
I don't believe what most manufacturers claim either, but it looks like there are 64 yellow LEDs on each side and 40 bigger ones in the middle. If the yellow ones are 5 watts each x 128 (64x2) = 640 watts, and the 40 in the middle which could be 10 watts each for another 400 and a grand total of 1040 watts, but obviously I'm making up/guessing at this and who the heck knows!!!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I don't believe what most manufacturers claim either, but it looks like there are 64 yellow LEDs on each side and 40 bigger ones in the middle. If the yellow ones are 5 watts each x 128 (64x2) = 640 watts, and the 40 in the middle which could be 10 watts each for another 400 and a grand total of 1040 watts, but obviously I'm making up/guessing at this and who the heck knows!!!

If it is in fact ANY of those wattage LEDs, the housing would likely melt from heat... The center units look like 1W LEDs, IMO.

-Opie

·
Registered
800 Posts
If it is in fact ANY of those wattage LEDs, the housing would likely melt from heat... The center units look like 1W LEDs, IMO.

-Opie

FIGHT! LOL.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My 12 inch spot/flood combo light bar is 72W. The problem with most of the cheap Chinese ebay products is that they are sold by people who don't know anything about the technical specs of the product. It doesn't mean the product is bad necessarily. Just speaks to the knowledge of the seller. My best best would be this light is also near 72W, so 6 amps of draw. The listing says 112,800 lumen (which also sounds high), and it looks like they just divided that by 100 to come up with the wattage, which is definitely not accurate. Assume 6 amps and roll with it. Or connect a multimeter inline that is rated for 10 amps and actually test it.

Why wonder when you can know?...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once I get it and install it. I will hook up a multi-meter and figure it out for sure. Ill post a few pictures also.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Once I get it and install it. I will hook up a multi-meter and figure it out for sure. Ill post a few pictures also.
I am really interested in seeing what it puts out.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That would be correct.
It also proves this bar is basically a ~72 watt bar.....which is what most every 12" double row LED light bar is when using 3 watt LED's.
X2

@kdt1970 how do you like the light so far? (build quality and built in mounting)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
X2

@kdt1970 how do you like the light so far? (build quality and built in mounting)
I'll get more pics soon and after I get it installed. It seems to be decent for the price. I did have to go get new stainless steel bolts because the ones supplied were too long and bottoming out.

The free wiring kit seems good also.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some more pics of just the light and mounting.
I have it completed minus the power hookup. I ordered an oem accessory (WIRE, LEAD 1
5KM-86171-00-00) that gives me two keyed hots, once I get it I'll be good and get some actual light pictures.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/shares/0ai9PL

·
Registered
937 Posts
@kdt1970 - I'm not sure if you ride any mud (even trail puddles), but with it mounted that low you may find that your light bar will be rendered useless in a few miles of trail. Even the headlights on the Wolverine get plastered with splashing mud and don't provide much light. I am currently mounting a-pillar pods to go with my light bar just for a little more peripheral light but so far, I really like having mine on the roof. I went with a single row for a lower profile and tree branches.

I originally had it mounted under the roof but got a deal on a windshield so I had to move it to the top.

Also, make sure you keep your radiator clean. The splashes followed by dusty conditions have led to quite a few guys overheating the Wolvy.

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
@kdt1970 - I'm not sure if you ride any mud (even trail puddles), but with it mounted that low you may find that your light bar will be rendered useless in a few miles of trail. Even the headlights on the Wolverine get plastered with splashing mud and don't provide much light. I am currently mounting a-pillar pods to go with my light bar just for a little more peripheral light but so far, I really like having mine on the roof. I went with a single row for a lower profile and tree branches.

I originally had it mounted under the roof but got a deal on a windshield so I had to move it to the top.

Also, make sure you keep your radiator clean. The splashes followed by dusty conditions have led to quite a few guys overheating the Wolvy.

What brand is that? Does it put out much light?

·
Registered
937 Posts
@Grizzcrazy - it's a Sirius brand 20 inch single row from Motoalliance (site sponsor). I have the 10 inch single row version on my Grizzly. Both of them work great and they are pretty reasonably priced. If you call them, you will give you a Grizzly Central member discount.

·
Registered
800 Posts
@Grizzcrazy - it's a Sirius brand 20 inch single row from Motoalliance (site sponsor). I have the 10 inch single row version on my Grizzly. Both of them work great and they are pretty reasonably priced. If you call them, you will give you a Grizzly Central member discount.
I will keep that in mind. Thank you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts