Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest project... Trying to fit, a second battery in the rear box, along with a marine radio, isolator, and breaker.

The breaker wouldn’t fit well but luckily the mounting holes on it matched the c-c spacing on the rear box mounts (located near the bottom). So I swapped the bolts for longer ones and mounted the breaker on the outside of the box (toward the frame), away from any prodding of foreign objects.

Unfortunately, my first run on the 3D printer needs some modifications - so I’ll redesign, reprint, and repost!

-Opie

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
@OpDawg, what you have done with your Grizz blows me away! Just too frigging cool. We really need to meet up for a ride this summer, I'll need the first hour to drool over all the mods, LOL!!! Any chance you might make it for the Downeast ride I am trying to put together?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@OpDawg, what you have done with your Grizz blows me away! Just too frigging cool. We really need to meet up for a ride this summer, I'll need the first hour to drool over all the mods, LOL!!! Any chance you might make it for the Downeast ride I am trying to put together?

I’ll try, lol!

-Opie

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I’ll try, lol!

-Opie
@OpDawg, if none of the guys from away can come, we can just meet up for a day ride somewhere if that's easier for your schedule. I would like to do a good loop in western, central, or northern Maine.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@OpDawg, if none of the guys from away can come, we can just meet up for a day ride somewhere if that's easier for your schedule. I would like to do a good loop in western, central, or northern Maine.

Been meaning to ride western, buddy of mine goes all over - said it’s great riding that way.

-Opie

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Been meaning to ride western, buddy of mine goes all over - said it’s great riding that way.

-Opie
@OpDawg, my best friend and my sister live in the Norridgewock/Madison area. No big deal for me to come as far as there on a Friday, spend the night with one of them, then meet up in Farmington, Rangely, Stratton, where ever the next morning for a ride.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finished up my dual battery project.

At some point I need to install an in-line fuse near the main battery. But I protected the wires pretty well so I’ll run it a few times an make sure the battery stays put & charges correctly off the isolator.

-Opie

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good @OpDawg. Although I am in the dark as for why you need two?

I’ve ran my battery down a time or two (while plugged into heated gear, stopped on the trail). Plus, I put quite a toll on the battery with a couple GPS units, LED Lights, LED accent lights, phone charging, CB radio, spare helmet Scala unit, etc etc.

Plus, redundancy. After taking ground school, you realize you can never have enough redundancy systems.

-Opie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts