Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I own a 2018 Grizzly LE and before I bought it I was doing my research and noticed that a lot of the 2016 owners were doing different filters and intake setups due to the motor sucking in dirt?

Is this problem fixed on my 2018? Or do I need to do the same? I don’t want to run a programmer or anything like that but if it’s just a simple filter change I’ll do it. Was hard to follow what people were doing, and it turned into most needing a programmer after the install

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I haven’t even got to ride my new Atv yet lol. Sitting pretty with 0 miles on it. Just want to prevent things from happening to it, and if it’s gonna suck in dirt I’d like to prevent it right from the start. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Not sure, but the EHS mod is great for self assurance. None of the filters on Grizzlies are that great.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
The factory air filter set up is not the best, the foam ring between the filter and air box make sure you put some grease on it that seems to be where the problem is, KN has a filter with a better sealing ring against the air box and also you can use your factory foam pre filter with it, but not sure if the KN filter may further lean a already lean engine, this is why some are running a fuel controller to correct this lean condition, EHS has a great mod for your grizz using a uni filter that seems to solve any problems with dust ingestion, you can watch it on Youtube, someone may chime in that is using one of these filters for some feed back, mine is all stock with the ring greased with no problems so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts