Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not posted in a long time but wanted to put something out there so people know it’s possible to install a 45rc on a Grizzly.

I searched all over to see if anyone had but all I saw were sxs I stalls. Warns site says it won’t fit but since the sizes were not far off, I went for it.

It is not a direct bolt on. On the back of the warm mounting plate, there is a rounded over lip on the top. In order for the winch to fit on the plate, that had to be cut off except for a couple inches on each side. I wish I took more photos of the install, but I was just hoping it would fit and fighting the weather to get it in quick.

Unfortunately the 45RC only comes with a ‘dash mounted’ switch so I had to buy a separate wiring kit for the Axon 3500 to get a handlebar mount from it. It cost an extra $45 but I like the controls on the bars.

I plow a lot with my bike and in the last 8 years I have gone through 3 provantage winches. Each were warranty repaired but never came back the same. I’m hoping the bulkier 45rc with the overheat light on the controls will help me keep better track of its use. I’ll post some updates once I pull the plow around a bit with it.

IMG_1931.JPG IMG_1933.JPG IMG_1934.JPG IMG_1932.JPG IMG_1839.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a couple of questions. I see you have a mount plate for a plow, could a person get away with using a different mount?
Any trouble with the bumper mount bars getting in the way?
How’s the winch holding up? A good purchase?
I’m looking at getting the 35s and I’d like to know what to expect or if I should even bother. The price on them are on the expensive side but I like the fact that there’s no relay. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No issues with the bumper mount bars with the modifications I made. Other mounts would probably work too. I just needed the plow mount for the equipment I had.

I’m happy with the winch and it’s power. It’s a bit slower but I have adjusted its response time to my use. Overall I’m happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts