Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of buying a back country blue grizzly se. the question I have looking at the tires does anyone have one of these and how does it ride on hard pack and rocky terrain. I do not want something that is going to beat my guts out going down the trail. thanks again

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 2019 Grizzly SE in blue. I have had mine since August of last year. I have over 900 miles on mine. The tires are great have been to WI in the mud and been to the Black Hills on Rocks and gravel. I also drive around on pavement around town and don't have any issues with vibration or anything great tires, great machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have the same Grizz as Pbrgrizz19 and I have no complaints about the maxxis zilla tires. They do throw gravel pretty bad when riding on gravel roads, but other than that I've been very pleased with their overall trail performance.

Buy the back country blue! I think thats the best color Yamaha has made yet.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
thanks for the info. I think I am gonna pull the trigger. any dislikes at all.

My exhaust has a slight rattle during idle until it warms up. Other than that and wishing I had more time to ride, I love the thing. oh...one other minor thing. My 2014 Grizz has a 5.3 gallon fuel tank and the new grizz is a 4.8 gallon (not a deal breaker). But I liked having a larger fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
thinking of buying a back country blue grizzly se. the question I have looking at the tires does anyone have one of these and how does it ride on hard pack and rocky terrain. I do not want something that is going to beat my guts out going down the trail. thanks again
Considering your crummy luck with your 2016 I'd say go for it. Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same Machine
Ditched the Zilla Tires after 190 kilos (cut a sidewall on a rock)
Bought Maxis Bighorn 3.0
27 X 9 X 14 front and
27 X 11 X 14 Rear
Never had a scale to weigh them but I think the Bighorns are roughly half the weight
I liked the ATV before the tire change but now I Absolutely Love It Now.
Interesting thing about the Zillas they Measured 25.5 "but were marked as 27"
The Bighorns measure 26.5 but are marked as 27" both sets made by Maxis

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same model and tires. Only complaint is you can't ride it much in the yard if you plan on keeping nice grass...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
My exhaust has a slight rattle during idle until it warms up. Other than that and wishing I had more time to ride, I love the thing. oh...one other minor thing. My 2014 Grizz has a 5.3 gallon fuel tank and the new grizz is a 4.8 gallon (not a deal breaker). But I liked having a larger fuel tank.
I had exact same issue with the exhaust heat shield. Sounded like the engine was knocking. The heat shield over exhaust pipe sits too close to frame causing it to hit the frame resulting in a knocking sound. Just bent it up problem solved.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts