Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Grizzly
11 Posts
Had the originals on my first '08. The 3rd gen that's on there now are the same 6 ply but tread pattern is a bit different. No big deal. Had them up some gnarly Rocky Mountain steep, shale rock, solid rock climbs in the last couple of weeks. Just as happy with performance on these as on the originals. BTW, sold my first '08 to my brother. Those tires are still on it and in great shape.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
688 miles on the silver quad. Looks like the front diff started leaking at the piñon seal. We got in 210 miles @ Baldwin, Mi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Shitty

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
567 Posts
688 miles on the silver quad. Looks like the front diff started leaking at the piñon seal. We got in 210 miles @ Baldwin, Mi.

I rode Baldwin a couple months ago, they are fun trails. They were super ruff this spring because of the pandemic they were not keeping them groomed. Was it still that way?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I rode Baldwin a couple months ago, they are fun trails. They were super ruff this spring because of the pandemic they were not keeping them groomed. Was it still that way?
We got very lucky. It rained a bit Thursday and Friday. It cut the dust down and we even got on the trail shortly after the groomer on Friday. That video is posting tonight. Here is one of The Little O trail with my daughter.

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
567 Posts
Yah that’s a tight trail

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
As expected, my local Yamaha Dealer needs 3 weeks to look at my Grizzly. We all know once I drop it off for the warranty repair it takes 1-2 weeks to get it back. Rocky Mtn ATV has the seal on hand for $7. Order placed and disassembly is almost complete. I unbolted the R/S lower A-arm and the 3 Diff bolts. Slide the Diff fed in the frame and unhooked the front drive shaft. Note to self, the end with the spring was towards the engine. I have 721 miles so far. Front brake pads are low rear brake pads are like new. Both inboard front brake pads are worn a bunch more than the outboard pads. I recall this being a consistent issue with previous year models also.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
721 miles.
Front seal came today. Installed seal without much drama. Replaced front brake pads.

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
567 Posts
721 miles.
Front seal came today. Installed seal without much drama. Replaced front brake pads.

Front break pads worn out already? I have 1100 miles on the original pads and still going strong.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
My 19 now has 1700 kms,
pads look near new

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
567 Posts
Nope...LOL that explaines a lot :giggle:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We had fun riding in Wallace, WV. There was a ride that benefitted the local Fire Dept. Lost of hills to climb.
Other Grizzly got dropped off last Friday. No word from the stealer yet on my leaking Pinion.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I dropped the Grizzly off at the selling dealership against my will last Friday. They never called me. I called J&J today and they said they’ve ordered the seal and it will be 1-3 weeks before the parts shows up due to COVID.
I hate stealerships.
I’ve ordered two seals and the piñon cup from Rocky MTN ATV.
I’m going to ask them to install my seal. It’s a shame a dipstick like myself can get parts next day but the dealer doesn’t have the ability.
FYI, the front pinon seal has been the same for at least 10 yrs in the Grizzly and is also used in The Kodiak. They don’t have this $7.29 seal on hand?
I’m fuming.

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
567 Posts
I hope they 💩 when you show them up with those LOL

21 - 40 of 44 Posts