Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,663 Posts
The parts delay has to do with manufacture chain of command and internal accounting, not customer satisfaction as you're finding out.
I will be surprised if they try to bill the factory for warranty work without parts through the chain of command, and due to 'Red-Neck' ingenuity we're about to see what happens.

Reactions: cornfedinohio

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
688 miles on the silver quad. Looks like the front diff started leaking at the piñon seal. We got in 210 miles @ Baldwin, Mi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The front diff seal is notorious for leaking. Sometimes it is caused by water in the diff and/or a plugged vent line.
It is good practice to install a speedi-sleeve on the pinion this makes for a tighter seal and covers any grooving on the pinion. Use plenty of lithium grease on the seal lips.
It seems that dealers must buy parts from Yamaha and as needed . While parts supply houses are in the business of selling "parts" they have many parts in stock and buy from many sources. I recently bought a OW from Partzilla delivered in 3 days my dealer needed a week.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I dropped off my seal today. He said they plan to work on it Monday. We shall see.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I dropped off my seal today. He said they plan to work on it Monday. We shall see.

I picked up the Grizzlytoday. Looks like the new seal is in and they either cleaned the rust off of my old cup or replaced it.
I’ll report back next week with how it holds up.
I didn’t get any paperwork. He said he was still waiting for Yamaha to approve the warranty work. I suspect he’s waiting for the seal to come in before he can post the part to the work order. That’s just my guess.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
960 miles. No leaks on the front diff. I put on a set of Coyote tires for an upcoming Utah trip. They are a little shorter than the stock tires. Very square shoulders. They did great on Ohio trails. They turn very quick. I was able to keep up with the sport quads. So far it seems like a decent tire.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Curious on those Coyotes. What size did you buy and did you measure the actual diameter? Yeah, the tread depth is only spec at 5/8" but seems tire weight is very reasonable for that tire.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
I'm sure the tread depth is fairly accurate at 5/8" but I am more curious about actual tire height (diameter) compared to sidewall printed height. Thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'm sure the tread depth is fairly accurate at 5/8" but I am more curious about actual tire height (diameter) compared to sidewall printed height. Thanks.
Stock tires measured 25”
Coyote measured 24”

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I’ve mounted light bars on a few other Grizzlies. I remove the stock front rack bolts. I install a longer bolt and a couple spacers. Instant 22” light bar mount.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Use a factory wire harness to splice into power. No cutting and no water problems.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

I’d like a large rear box that carry’s extra gas. Just for the Utah trip. Just gas for most rides.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
We rode 60 miles in WV today. The rear box held up. I have my Fuelpax 2.5gl, a soft cooler and some clothes in it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I cut a hole in the bottom so the mount slides inside the box. My fuelpax goes in the box and holds the box to the rack. I used a strap over the box for extra protection. It rained on us and we did several river crossings. I even left it on the quad for pressure washing. All stayed dry.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
How are you liking your 2020 Grizzlys? Miss the Canned ham much?

41 - 60 of 75 Posts