Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Customizing the trailer is fun. I insulated the ceiling with blue foam and covered it with 5mm plywood. I installed a couple 110v outlets using an extension cord as the power feed. I installed a car battery for 12v lighting and car stereo. The battery is wired to the truck and charges while traveling. 12v disconnects from the truck when parked so I don’t drain the trucks battery.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Note to help folks out. Buy insurance for your trailer. My truck and one of my Grizzlys got covered. I thought trailers were covered under the truck policy. I was wrong. The person that rear ended me had state minimum insurance. $25,000 limit on her policy. That barely cover the Silverado, Grizzly and tow fees. The short version is I’m not getting a dime for my trailer and contents destroyed in the accident.
I did replace the trailer and I’m slowly getting it set up. I didn’t like the 6x12 single axle any way. It was very cramped and I couldn’t stand upright in it.
The new trailer is 7.5 x 16 tandem axle. It’s 7’ tall inside. It’s great having room for two quads and all my gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I really hate hearing about the outcome of this. I also hate to make it a little political, but how is this OK. How did these laws get passed?

You did nothing wrong here. You did not cause an accident. So why are you paying a price for someone else's actions. Why are you not getting everything that was damaged repaired or replaced at their expense? A maximum $25,000 payout is nothing in today's society. That should not be even legal.

As you can probably tell, this kind of B.S really grind my gears.

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I really hate hearing about the outcome of this. I also hate to make it a little political, but how is this OK. How did these laws get passed?

You did nothing wrong here. You did not cause an accident. So why are you paying a price for someone else's actions. Why are you not getting everything that was damaged repaired or replaced at their expense? A maximum $25,000 payout is nothing in today's society. That should not be even legal.

She is responsible and I have the option to sue her. It’s a certainty I would win. The Lady that hit me is 72 yrs old and clearly owns/has nothing. She just started a job two days prior to hitting me and now has no car. I don’t have the desire to pay an attorney and win money I’ll never see. She owes me $5300 according to the adjuster. If I pay an attorney $800 I will win the suit but she can’t pay. It is total crap.
The lesson here is I should have bought my own policy to protect my things. I’ll pull up my big boy pants and move on. Another one of life’s many expensive lessons.

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts

@dezz ....you are aware that we are world renowned for have the most F-ed up legal systems. Every state and every insurance company writes its own rules. I pay more for the UN-insured and UNDER insured driver than I pay for all liability, collision and comprehensive portions of the policy combined. Catch22
In Wisconsin we have this weird un-explainable thing called "no fault".. If you are passed out or for whatever other reason reared my vehicle somehow I am x% at fault just by being there.
I have insurance on my trailer. I asked my agent about the contents his said the contents are covered under my homeowners insurance but I can get coverage for the ATV's under the homeowners.
I do trust this agent. I have been with him for 30+ years. He had/has provided all my home, vehicle, business insurance and bonding.

So now what would you like to know about the "best heath care system in the world"

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
10-4 on adding un-insured motorist coverage to your policy.
This coverage is so cheap I don't remember how much I pay for it.

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
Customizing the trailer is fun. I insulated the ceiling with blue foam and covered it with 5mm plywood. I installed a couple 110v outlets using an extension cord as the power feed. I installed a car battery for 12v lighting and car stereo. The battery is wired to the truck and charges while traveling. 12v disconnects from the truck when parked so I don’t drain the trucks battery.
Consider building one of these. No one has ever forgot to unplug the connector.
Battery isolation

I have solar 2 panels on my small trailer. It is never connect to the truck charging system. The battery is constantly being maintained. Putting 4 panels on my new build.

Reactions: Bearsixty7

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
I completely understand the point not wanting to sue the person. I knew that was going to come up.
My point was why is anyone put into the situation? That person is at fault. Nothing should come out of your pocket or cause you the absolute minimum inconvenience that it can per the situation. You did nothing wrong.....end of story.

It should not be allowed or legal for a minimum insurance pay out system to exist. Someone hits you, there at fault, they pay for total of the damages caused to you. End of story!

Anyway....I got this way off topic and in a path going to negativity. Let's get back on topic and to happier places.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly SE, 2018 Kodiak 700 SE
129 Posts
You look like you have a lot of fun. I live in north East Ohio. Maybe we could hook up for some rides next summer.

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Consider building one of these. No one has ever forgot to unplug the connector.
Battery isolation

I have solar 2 panels on my small trailer. It is never connect to the truck charging system. The battery is constantly being maintained. Putting 4 panels on my new build.
I installed a relay. It only sends power to the trailer battery when the ignition is on. When I turn off the truck the power to the second battery is stopped.
I’d definitely be the meat head to forget to unplug a trailer. I couldn’t set myself up like that.

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 · (Edited)
I’m the worst Grizzly Owner ever. In self defense I did buy two Grizzlies last year. KTM 500 in the stable this year.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very nice post thank you for your videos; I come back to your problem with the front axle seal.
The same thing happened to me on my 700 2010 when I had only 3000 km, I ordered the seal convinced that it had to be changed and while waiting to receive it I drained with a thicker oil 80 / 90 that I use in my Harley's gearbox. And. . no more leakage !

Reactions: cornfedinohio

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I’m preparing to ride the Peace Trail in Arizona. I added a tail light, horn and a Samsung Active 2 Tablet with Lifetime Trail Maps. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice ride in perspective, during my (motorcycle) trip to the United States in 2003 I slept at Lake Havasu before continuing on Kingman, Oatman, towards the Grand Canyon.

You are lucky to have such immensities.

480.JPG

Reactions: cornfedinohio

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
I rode all 760 miles of the Arizona Peace trail. The Grizzly was flawless. What a great machine. I’ve been pretty slow sorting through all the video but the first two days of the trip are on you tube. It’s an epic adventure to ride in the desert.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts