Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
@cornfedinohio ...Thanks for the videos. Looks like you had a great time. How was working out all the logistics, rooms, mileage per day?
I have been thinking of a riding the AZPT for a few years. Having enough time has been a factor. I want to spend 7-10 days in that area. Could spend most of the week in the northern area.
This year my Queen retires so we are headed out for 5-6 months might be able to jump over there for a week or so.

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
@cornfedinohio ...Thanks for the videos. Looks like you had a great time. How was working out all the logistics, rooms, mileage per day?
I have been thinking of a riding the AZPT for a few years. Having enough time has been a factor. I want to spend 7-10 days in that area. Could spend most of the week in the northern area.
This year my Queen retires so we are headed out for 5-6 months might be able to jump over there for a week or so.
There is a Facebook page. We joined it and found they sell a book that details a plan. We acquired itinerary from Bob T maps. It’s pretty detailed. GPS is a must. The trail is poorly marked. It’s more of a GPS track than a marked trail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
The F150 struggled to pull my trailer on the interstate but wow! The 2021 RAM 1500 5.7 really hated it! I owned a RAM 1500 for two days and returned it for a 2500. The 2500 6.4 is getting 15.6 empty and 9 towing my enclosed trailer. It’s so much better than the 1500. The 2500 doesn’t squat like it’s trying to pee when I drop the trailer on it.

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
@cornfedinohio...I have been following the FB page for a couple years and have Bob's map on Basecamp and GPS.
Haven't bought the book. Will do that if we decide to give it a go. Thanks.

Just picked up a Ram 2500 quad cab 8' bed to replace my Ford F250. Been remodeling my ATV rack to fit the Ram.
With the 8" bed I won't need the rack extension that was needed on the Ford.
I pull a 14' boondock trailer when headed west.

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
@cornfedinohio...I have been following the FB page for a couple years and have Bob's map on Basecamp and GPS.
Haven't bought the book. Will do that if we decide to give it a go. Thanks.

Just picked up a Ram 2500 quad cab 8' bed to replace my Ford F250. Been remodeling my ATV rack to fit the Ram.
With the 8" bed I won't need the rack extension that was needed on the Ford.
I pull a 14' boondock trailer when headed west.
View attachment 100344
I’d be lost without my trailer/camper.
Stereo, shower, Murphy bed, tool box and work bench.

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
I hear ya.
I have the ATV rack modified to fit the Ram now. Had to wait for it to warm up to fit and stick the rubber gaskets. Still needs a couple parts painted.
I may load the atv's on it today. I'll post some pic's.

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
For the final fit loaded the ATVs yesterday. Nice getting rid of that head knocker that the ford had to have.
Truck squatted about an 1". Still may add air bags.
To help slide the ramps in I added some poly slides on the ramp tips. Cut them out of an old cutting board. Need to add something to corral the ramps up front.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

I was wondering where do you guys get accessories and aftermarket parts for your UTV?

I only recently got into modding mine, and I got a few things from UTV Store | Side by Side UTV Parts | Rad Parts because of a friend’s recommendation.

However, I haven’t found everything I was looking for there, so I was wondering if any of you know any reliable stores. I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
365 Posts
Hey all,

I was wondering where do you guys get accessories and aftermarket parts for your UTV?

I only recently got into modding mine, and I got a few things from UTV Store | Side by Side UTV Parts | Rad Parts because of a friend’s recommendation.

However, I haven’t found everything I was looking for there, so I was wondering if any of you know any reliable stores. I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!
Google, then just pick whoever has it in stock.. or cheapest.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
Rocky Mountain A.T.V. is good and has a great customer service department.

Reactions: Vincenthdfan

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks a lot!
Have you checked the UTV forums?

101 - 111 of 111 Posts