Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the forum and have a 2020 grizzly have had it for about a year and got 1500km on it and its time to upgrade looking at 28x12x12 zillas for the rear and 28x10x12 for the fronts ehs tuner intake lid and mod barker dual exhaust and purple secondary sprig. Any input is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
I would do the clutch shim or machined sheave with those tires, she is going to be alot louder then you are used to if you are running a stock exhaust now, Eric at EHS has seen some nice gains with your wish list when everything is dialed in, running 28" tires will rob alot of power on you though, you may only gain back your stock power you started out with after adding all the goodies$$$

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
107 Posts
Id personally go an inch narrower than what your planning on with the tires, but you shouldn't have any problems with the sizes listed.

Its also generally recommended that shims be the first mod to your clutches, THEN a spring, THEN weights if your still not quite happy. 1.5mm of shim will wake the machine back up after the larger tires.

Shimming does come with the drawback of a slight loss of top end speed, but its only 3-4 mph. An alternative to shims is purchasing a machined sheave, or having yours machined. This will give you a lower initial gear ratio like shimming does, without the loss of top end speed. Costs way more though.. paying hundreds of dollars just for a few mph isn't something I personally could justify I don't think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts