Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just picked up a 2020 XTR. Had sport quads all my life, decided to go with a big 4x4. So far I absolutely love the griz but I have a problem with my seat coming unhooked in the front. I installed some zip ties around the fame mounts to keep the seat hooks from popping out. Does anyone else see this issue with the seats coming undone?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
10,663 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Pictures?
Are there rubber grommets missing? I could see in the schematic well enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You can see the grommets are still there. I circled the frame mounts I installed zip ties around to keep the seat hooks in. The tabs on the very front still come out. But at least with the zip ties the seat doesn't come the whole way off.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Same here. I bit of an annoying design....

·
Premium Member
10,663 Posts
Wanted to confirm the part are still there.....
What's the dealer parts changer have to say?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'll post pictures of the issue I believe he's referring to.....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I always have one side that pops out every ride. Other side always stays in place. The problem migrates two booth sides, but never at once.

The first picture is the problem as the plastic tab should stay completely under the metal tab. The 2nd photo is it pulled off for visual of crummy mechanism... Lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,663 Posts
So the temporary fix is a new seat?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran some zip ties around it on both sides as, yes they were both coming out. My machine has 8 hours on it. The problem started for me in the first 15 minutes. Since I did this it hasn't come out but the front tabs still do. Which is less of an issue and more annoying.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
If you bent both metal frame tabs slightly down would that allow the seat hooks to still fit while better keeping seat hooks in place?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I have yet to properly address this issue. Tie raps is a good idea, and bending the metal tabs mite be a fix as well

·
Premium Member
10,663 Posts
I wondered about the bending, then couldn't tell if it was the plastic seat bending/flexing front sitting at the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ridgeway, you are probably right about the sitting at the front of the seat. As I said I've only ever owned sport quads so I'm used to sitting in a more aggressive stance. This actually crossed my mind the first day of riding after experiencing the issue in the first 15 minutes on the machine.

·
Premium Member
10,663 Posts
:)
I would box in the frame tab to enclose the engaging seat tab to stop the sliding to the side.
That might take 2 cases of beer to figure out, but mods are part of the beer drink'n' game, right?

Reactions: wgc and Vincent

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
:)
I would box in the frame tab to enclose the engaging seat tab to stop the sliding to the side.
That might take 2 cases of beer to figure out, but mods are part of the beer drink'n' game, right?
Agreed! Lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have read this before and heard other people complain. But I have not had any issues with my seat. I am just careful when I put my seat in that everything goes where it is suppose to. Seating position may have something to do with it. I have noticed when you sit on the seat it flexing quite a bit. I am not exactly light at almost 200 lbs.

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly 700 EPS
16 Posts
Front tabs on mine pop out several times when riding. Wish the seat hooks were longer as they dont seem like they grab far enough inside. Just loading/unloading pops them out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts