Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day! I put a deposit on an Armour Grey 2021 Grizzly EPS and pretty excited to get it. Really struggled between that or a Kodiak 700.

Anyway, I apologize if a similar question has been posted before. I tried to do a quick search but didn't see anything. I could not afford to up my budget to the full blown Grizzly SE. I've already blown my budget out of the water. I noticed on the Yamaha website that all 3 colour options of the EPS are priced differently and have pictures that show different rims. For example, the EPS in Yamaha Blue is the cheapest with what looks like steelies. The grey and camo offer nicer rims. Is that truly the case? You can't compare quads of the same model and colour on the website. My dealer doesn't have these in stock and a few things I have asked the questions about they never seem positive. In the end it doesn't really matter due to price. Was just hoping for a little extra flare on the wheels. Based on photos I've at other dealerships, I'm assuming this is the case.

·
Premium Member
11,695 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
The base wheels are the best, not steel (use a magnet).
I suggest getting 12" wheels for more tire sidewall, and nobody has ever rode up to me and said 'Hey, those stock wheels look like ____'.
Nobody cares but maybe the bike owner, and you can't see the wheels when riding.
Some get what works best on the trail and some like a beauty queen, and I guess there can be a cross-over so where is the line?
And you made the best choice with the Grizzly.

Reactions: avanluver

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from Colorado.
The base wheels are the best, not steel (use a magnet).
I suggest getting 12" wheels for more tire sidewall, and nobody has ever rode up to me and said 'Hey, those stock wheels look like ____'.
Nobody cares but maybe the bike owner, and you can't see the wheels when riding.
Some get what works best on the trail and some like a beauty queen, and I guess there can be a cross-over so where is the line?
And you made the best choice with the Grizzly.
Thanks. I feel like I made the best choice too. I think the EPS (non SE) all come with 12". The SE comes with 14". But the rim design appears different on the 3 colour options is all. But obviously in the end it doesn't really matter.

·
Premium Member
11,695 Posts
Thanks. I feel like I made the best choice too. I think the EPS (non SE) all come with 12". The SE comes with 14". But the rim design appears different on the 3 colour options is all. But obviously in the end it doesn't really matter.
The best choice between Griz and anything else and green is the fastest :)

Reactions: avanluver

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I believe we have a video on the site that definitely shows that Green is not the fastest, lol.

·
Registered
2021 EPS Armor Gray
14 Posts
I’ve had the armor gray for about 2 months now and love it. Personally didn’t see the need to pay extra money for the Se or Xtr just to get rims or a winch included. It’s the same machine after all. That’s just me. I use after market tires anyway so it made sense to get the base EPS. Plus I like the gray color better than the others anyway.

·
Premium Member
11,695 Posts
I believe we have a video on the site that definitely shows that Green is not the fastest, lol.
Not on that day :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts