Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly eps armour gray 2019 WR250r PW50 that’s it for yammies
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the north east coast of Canada. Just put a $500 deposit down on a new Grizzly. Everywhere within 600km of me is sold out of everything 2021 except a few xtr’s or LE’s (whatever you want to call them) and I wasn’t willing to pay the $1,600 premium up here they want for them.

I previously owned a trouble free 2000 kodiak for 15 years, this Grizzly will see much much much less abuse as I’m now an old man with kids.

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

Reactions: Northern Grizzly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I also put a $500 deposit on a 2021 grizz se . The eta on mine is before Christmas, when is yours suspose to be in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suppose to be in later this month but I said as long as it’s before December 31 when the low low interest rates end. I save 0.5% also given I own a couple other Yamaha’s.

The SE is sweet for sure, The local dealer with them on the way charges $500 more in fees plus the $1600 more for the atv so I passed. Did you get the green or the grey/black?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ya i agree about the price difference but this will be the last quad i buy so what the heck I said , I am getting the black/gray with the orange strip on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya i agree about the price difference but this will be the last quad i buy so what the heck I said , I am getting the black/gray with the orange strip on it.
That’s an awesome looking Grizzly. I went to Yamaha demo days in 2019 and test rode the blue SE model and it rode very smooth and the power steering was nice, not over boosted either. It’s no 850 can am but I know it’ll last forever and only need oil changes. At this point in my life I value that more than the big power.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I here ya there when I first started looking about a month ago I was interested in a can am, but I still own a 600 and 660 grizz and they have done me well. The 660 has over 14000km and still going good . So why change now . I think the yamaha s are very reliable ,and that 2021 looks sweet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats! To both of you.
I bought a 2020 Grizzly LE in the spring. I considered getting the EPS but when I started adding accessories like heated grips, winch and windshield I was over the price of the LE. I added Bighorn Originals in the spring which was a nice improvement over stock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be adding the bighorn originals ASAP. 26” looks like they measure closer to 27”. I run my snowmobile in the winter, once it gets cold the 4 wheeler goes into hibernation like the rest of the Grizzly bears. Lol

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
I will be adding the bighorn originals ASAP. 26” looks like they measure closer to 27”. I run my snowmobile in the winter, once it gets cold the 4 wheeler goes into hibernation like the rest of the Grizzly bears. Lol
The 26" O.G.'s for 12" wheels measure 26.5" actual diameter, the 27" tires are true to stated size.

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
I think they're the best tire available.
I use them in all conditions except deep peanut butter mud. They work great in the thick adobe around here, its just not very deep like down south where an entire tire is buried.
Also, the Yamaha c.v.t. system is easily adjusted to compensate for these tires, if you decide later to put more low end grunt to the trail.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know one thing, no more dual stage lugs. They throw rocks like crazy and blast the underside of your machine

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
The O.G.'s will pick up small rock to :)
Especially when new. I had a few hit my elbow(s) so added the rubber deflectors on the running boards. That and those following learned to stay further back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks sweet. Hopefully mine gets here soon! I like what Yamaha does with the textured plastic to keep it looking good over the years
it’s funny you mention that. I was cleaning off the mud and had a few spots on the matte part of the plastic that I couldn’t get clean. It seemed like it was where it was scuffed from my foot bumping when I get on and off. More noticeable I think due to the lighter color. I’m sure if I really scrubbed it I could get it out but I didn’t see the point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the forum, I also put a $500 deposit on a 2021 grizz se . The eta on mine is before Christmas, when is yours suspose to be in.
well the same dealer has a covert green se coming in so I switched my deposit over to this model now. You only live once, right? Figured I’d spend money on tires and a winch, so might as well get the pimpin se model

1 - 20 of 23 Posts