Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on a whiskeybent exhaust tip on my grizzly. It's a 45 degree bend with 1 1/2 pipe. This is a very nice high quality tip. It sounds deeper but not much louder than factory. I had on a MBRP SLIP ON and it was very short and loud ! I just wanted a little deeper sound without spending $400 and this works great. Like I said it's very nice stainless steel, I ordered the spark arrestor with it for under $100. They have a website under Whiskeybent Motorsports. So far Jay has been great to deal with and it came with a Koozie. It's way quieter than a 2R tip but just a deeper tone and suppose to cool your exhaust some but I haven't rode it yet to say that's true ? I tried to download a video but it's to long.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the grizzlies in our group run these tips also. I would recommend.
That's good to know, all I could find was people showing the 2R tip....lol. I saw one guy had a 90 on a kodiak 450 but it sounds totally different than the 700. All the other videos I found were CF Motos and SXS... I personally think the whiskeybent is a very nice tip with a nice sound 😀

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I was surprised when I ordered it I couldn’t find any info on it. Especially how high quality it is, and how good is sounds and looks.
I totally agree, it's a very high quality tip and sounds just right.. maybe we'll get more people informed about them. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Is everything else stock or do you need a fuel tuner.
I have a EHS tuner but I took it off, It's way to rich for my 2021, I asked Eric if he had any newer settings but he told me it was ok. I've since read other posts on here of people saying the same thing and got some of their settings I'll try in the future. But other than the AIS being blocked off and wheels and tires , a light bar it's stock and runs great with no popping or anything. I'm in Oklahoma so I don't know if I'm at the right elevation but I don't run lean. Also if you'll watch the video from EHS tuning the white 2019 grizzly he says with the baffle out alone it gained about 2 hp, well I don't want to ride around with no baffle and this is basically the same thing but just quieter. With Shipping, tax and the arrestor it was under $100.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks , Im thinking on getting one of these tips.
I looked long and hard, I wanted a deeper sound but not loud. And I really didn't want to spend $400 for a HMF titan QS. The other mufflers all sound to loud to me. They have a 90 and a 45 degree tip in 1 1/2 or 2 inch. I figured the 2 inch would be like a 2R , to much going out possibly making it lean and loud. To me the 45 degree looks like stock and it sounds really good. Good luck 👍 here's a picture showing the stock baffle beside the whiskeybent tip.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are running our tips all stock. Mine is a 2021. I did get an EHS air box lid, but I won’t put that on until I get a tuner for fear of going too lean.
I was looking at the air box lid from EHS, but off ebay i can get a raptor lid with the same outer filter setup for $35... I might go that route it's way cheaper....lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks good and well built, there's no chance of the rear fender melting from the exhaust blowing on it is there.
I asked whiskeybent that same question before I ordered it and they said no problem. Well after installing it today they are right it aims down just like the factory tip. No where near the fender so I wouldn't worry about that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the 45degree 2”. I’m also running their spark arrestor screen. View attachment 102072
Looks sweet! I wasn't sure how it would sound so I just went with the 1 1/2. Eric does say in his grizzly tuning video just blocking the AIS will make you a little richer if you want to try that. It's just a 1/2" vacuum plug over the outlet on the left side of your airbox. Takes about 5 minutes and I think just that helps cool down the exhaust heat on your left leg.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any of you have a sound clip it video of the whiskey bent tip on the 700? 1.5 or 2"

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I have a sound clip of the 1.5 but it won't let me load it..says it's to long and it's only 5 seconds. There's a few on Utube but they're CF Motos side by side. I don't know what the 2" sounds like on a Yamaha but the 1.5 sounds really good, I'm sure the 2" is even deeper.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts