Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
Well I received my 2" w/ a 45* bend whiskey bent tip yesterday. Sanded with 400 grit paper, primed and painted with high temp paint and baked it today. All this to proceed to install and find it doesn't fit with my Yamaha rear brush guard/bumper. One, maybe 2 holes align but it's clear from the bend that the other two will not align and the tip will not fit flush against the muffler. A bit of a bummer and maybe a bit of an anomaly in this configuration. I would venture to guess the 1.5" would fit simply by the reduction in space the tip takes up in relation to the bumper, but again that is just a guess.

** Edited on 3/26, 2nd attempt at fitment shows the 2" tip fits. More details in post #145 *

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Well I received my 2" w/ a 45* bend whiskey bent tip yesterday. Sanded with 400 grit paper, primed and painted with high temp paint and baked it today. All this to proceed to install and find it doesn't fit with my Yamaha rear brush guard/bumper. One, maybe 2 holes alight but it's clear from the bend that the other two will not align and the tip will not fit flush against the muffler. A bit of a bummer and maybe a bit of an anomaly in this configuration. I would venture to guess the 1.5" would fit simply by the reduction in space the tip takes up in relation to the bumper, but again that is just a guess.
That's a bummer, can you strip the paint with lacquer thinner, scuff with a scotch brite and send it back for a 1.5 ???

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
That's a bummer, can you strip the paint with lacquer thinner, scuff with a scotch brite and send it back for a 1.5 ???
Maybe, I emailed them. Even the 1.5" might be an experiment I'm not entirely sure... A bigger bend might also accommodate the brush guard but I'm not sure how much effort they want to put in to making accommodations. I probably won't go through the effort in stripping it, I bet it's got a nice high heat coating on there so potentially someone on this board might want it....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Maybe, I emailed them. Even the 1.5" might be an experiment I'm not entirely sure... A bigger bend might also accommodate the brush guard but I'm not sure how much effort they want to put in to making accommodations. I probably won't go through the effort in stripping it, I bet it's got a nice high heat coating on there so potentially someone on this board might want it....
I saw another video, a guy with a CF MOTO cut some of his tip off.. I don't know if that's a option 🤔 I would think you could sell it pretty quickly on here or local Craigslist...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well I received my 2" w/ a 45* bend whiskey bent tip yesterday. Sanded with 400 grit paper, primed and painted with high temp paint and baked it today. All this to proceed to install and find it doesn't fit with my Yamaha rear brush guard/bumper. One, maybe 2 holes align but it's clear from the bend that the other two will not align and the tip will not fit flush against the muffler. A bit of a bummer and maybe a bit of an anomaly in this configuration. I would venture to guess the 1.5" would fit simply by the reduction in space the tip takes up in relation to the bumper, but again that is just a guess.

The 1.5" 45° tip will definitley fit with the rear yamaha brush guard.

I had a local guy powdercoat my tip with S&S Hardcoat, which almost matches the factory racks and bumpers

Took it on a quick loop around the farm, sounds pretty damn good. Mellow at a cruise and then definitely aggressive under load and acceleration.

Auto part Carbon Gas Circle Audio equipment

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
I appreciate the info that the 1.5” will fit. Whiskeybent said he’d take the old tip back with full refund which is really awesome. Sounds like he might be up for trying a custom bend with the 2” tip but if the 1.5” will work I’m not sure it’s worth the trouble.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
The 1.5" 45° tip will definitley fit with the rear yamaha brush guard.

I had a local guy powdercoat my tip with S&S Hardcoat, which almost matches the factory racks and bumpers

Took it on a quick loop around the farm, sounds pretty damn good. Mellow at a cruise and then definitely aggressive under load and acceleration.

View attachment 102268

View attachment 102269
Sweet! I like mine.

·
Super Moderator
1,648 Posts
Has anyone got one shipped to Canada yet and if so how was the shipping costs.
Mine is on the way. It's $15 extra on top of the $15 us flat rate shipping. So 30 to Canada.
Mine was shipped out in a couple days, and cleared customs a day later. It's in transit from Chicago to Northern Ontario as we speak.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine just came in. Im in the south and took abt 5 days.
Sounds like it means business. I did notice it is a little bit snappier. Will post a vid of it this weekend if anyone is interested. Ill be at the camp running it

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
Mine just came in. Im in the south and took abt 5 days.
Sounds like it means business. I did notice it is a little bit snappier. Will post a vid of it this weekend if anyone is interested. Ill be at the camp running it
Did you get the 1.5” or 2”?

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
Update on the 2" tip. For some reason I felt the need to tinker with this tip again and I ended up getting it to fit with the Yamaha OEM rear brush guard. I didn't realize the muffler had some side to side play which allowed me to push it to the left enough to create a flush mount of the tip with the spark arrestor. I'm unfamiliar with how the muffler mounts and why there is this much play, but it definitely made enough room for the tip. Photos below including a shot of the primer and paint I used
Bottle Automotive tire Liquid Fluid Tire

:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Hand Leg Wood Thigh Chair

The primer and paint were baked in a toaster oven in my garage. 30min at 200*, 30 min cool, 30 min at 400*, 30 min cool, 30 min at 500* (hottest the toaster oven would get), then cool. I'm pleased with the finish it created. It didn't let off any noticeable fumes or smell, probably could have done it inside...

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
FYI - WhiskeyBent was EXTREMELY accommodating on this. He said he'd take back the 2" tip even though I had painted it. He was pursuing the idea of a custom bend to make the tip work with the rear brush guard. I had settled on just going with the 1.5" as fitment was confirmed in a previous post, but I thought he went above and beyond in handling this potential fitment issue.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Update on the 2" tip. For some reason I felt the need to tinker with this tip again and I ended up getting it to fit with the Yamaha OEM rear brush guard. I didn't realize the muffler had some side to side play which allowed me to push it to the left enough to create a flush mount of the tip with the spark arrestor. I'm unfamiliar with how the muffler mounts and why there is this much play, but it definitely made enough room for the tip. Photos below including a shot of the primer and paint I used View attachment 102310
: View attachment 102309
View attachment 102308
View attachment 102307
View attachment 102306
View attachment 102305

The primer and paint were baked in a toaster oven in my garage. 30min at 200*, 30 min cool, 30 min at 400*, 30 min cool, 30 min at 500* (hottest the toaster oven would get), then cool. I'm pleased with the finish it created. It didn't let off any noticeable fumes or smell, probably could have done it inside...
Nice glad it worked for you.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
The Griz sounds like a beast with the 2" tip on. I can hear the exhaust over the clutch and engine, which is a good thing for sure. Reminds me of my '84 XR500R :D

Reactions: SuperDave 2021
141 - 160 of 180 Posts