Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
Did you notice any low end power difference? With my tip it really woke up the bottom end.
I would agree, I do notice a difference and the throttle response is immediate coming off idle.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
For what it's worth. I'm going to end up keeping the 1.5" tip that I ordered. The 2" tip rubbed the brush guard, though through the side to side play I was able to get it to fit. Both are great quality, look great (and look factory in my opinion), and sound great.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Griz sounds like a beast with the 2" tip on. I can hear the exhaust over the clutch and engine, which is a good thing for sure. Reminds me of my '84 XR500R :D
The 2” isn’t terrible loud like the 2r tip??
I have a stock tip on my 22 700 and would like a little more rumble and low end power/snappyness for pulling and hauling
Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
The 2” isn’t terrible loud like the 2r tip??
I have a stock tip on my 22 700 and would like a little more rumble and low end power/snappyness for pulling and hauling
Thanks
I've never heard the 2r tip. I did try both the 2" and 1.5" whiskey bent tips. I couldn't tell a difference in any performance between the two (both better than stock tip, snappier off of idle, etc). The 2" tip sounded GOOD, but was a bit much for me. The 1.5" still sounds GOOD, but at a reasonable level. Personal opinion, everyone will have their own. Hard to convey on a message board and even sound recordings don't do justice.

Reactions: landscaper

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
I've never heard the 2r tip. I did try both the 2" and 1.5" whiskey bent tips. I couldn't tell a difference in any performance between the two (both better than stock tip, snappier off of idle, etc). The 2" tip sounded GOOD, but was a bit much for me. The 1.5" still sounds GOOD, but at a reasonable level. Personal opinion, everyone will have their own. Hard to convey on a message board and even sound recordings don't do justice.
I don't know what the 2" tip sounds like except sound clips, but I have the 1.5 " 45 and really like it, it's not near as loud as the 2R tip and to me and my wife it has a little more snap on bottom on 2021s.

·
Super Moderator
1,648 Posts
Well just a little update on my whiskey bent tip. As you may have read earlier, I ordered a 2" x 45 and it got lost in the mail by USPS.

I've been working with Jay from whiskey Bent tips and he has been in constant contact with me and the postal service trying to resolve this issue. And today I received an email from him that he got a phone call from the postmaster they have found my package and it is now on the move on its way to me 3 months later. Lol

While the delay shipping it to me here in Canada really sucked it's nothing on Jay at whiskey Bent, it wasn't his fault. It was just a lost package. But I've got to say he has offered awesome customer service, and great communication throughout this whole ordeal. He gave me the option of a refund or to send another one once he found out a little bit more information on this package and I told him I was in not too much of a rush and for him to try to find it, as I would really like to try that one.
In the meantime I did purchase the 1.5" x 45 from another member here @Northern Grizz, as he ended up selling his bike before he got the chance to install it. So now my plan is once I have both tips in hand, I would like to do a quick video clip of them on my bike warmed up with a camera placed at the exact same distance to show what it sounds like idling and it may be also a shot out on the trail of a drive-by with both tips just to give everyone an idea of what they sound like on a 700 Kodiak.

He's my tips travel so far... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
Interested to hear your summary between the two. I tested both as well. I could tell a difference.

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,300 Posts
So now my plan is once I have both tips in hand, I would like to do a quick video clip of them on my bike warmed up with a camera placed at the exact same distance to show what it sounds like idling and it may be also a shot out on the trail of a drive-by with both tips just to give everyone an idea of what they sound like on a 700 Kodiak.
It would be nice if you had a way to attach a camera to your Kodiak, maybe on the rear rack pointed at the tail pipe somehow for your comparrisons. Seems that all the dB measurements from aftermarket exhaust brands seemingly state dB at idle and honestly, that is really the least of the concern if one is concerned with noise. 2R tip, aftermarket exhausts seem to get much, much louder than OEM when throttle is applied while under load.

BTW, good to hear that WhiskeyBent was involved and standing behind you receiving the product even when it wasn't their fault.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly eps covert green se, 2019 WR250r PW50 that’s it for yammies
91 Posts
You fooled the Internet, I got an alert that you mentioned me, but I’m Northern grizzly not “grizz”

Well just a little update on my whiskey bent tip. As you may have read earlier, I ordered a 2" x 45 and it got lost in the mail by USPS.

I've been working with Jay from whiskey Bent tips and he has been in constant contact with me and the postal service trying to resolve this issue. And today I received an email from him that he got a phone call from the postmaster they have found my package and it is now on the move on its way to me 3 months later. Lol

While the delay shipping it to me here in Canada really sucked it's nothing on Jay at whiskey Bent, it wasn't his fault. It was just a lost package. But I've got to say he has offered awesome customer service, and great communication throughout this whole ordeal. He gave me the option of a refund or to send another one once he found out a little bit more information on this package and I told him I was in not too much of a rush and for him to try to find it, as I would really like to try that one.
In the meantime I did purchase the 1.5" x 45 from another member here @Northern Grizz, as he ended up selling his bike before he got the chance to install it. So now my plan is once I have both tips in hand, I would like to do a quick video clip of them on my bike warmed up with a camera placed at the exact same distance to show what it sounds like idling and it may be also a shot out on the trail of a drive-by with both tips just to give everyone an idea of what they sound like on a 700 Kodiak.

He's my tips travel so far... Lol

·
Super Moderator
1,648 Posts
And I finally have the 2" whiskey bent tip in hand after it went for a vacation and a tour of the northern united states'. Lol
If it's not too hot out tomorrow, I may do the install and some testing of the 1.5" and 2" tips

·
Registered
53 Posts
And I finally have the 2" whiskey bent tip in hand after it went for a vacation and a tour of the northern united states'. Lol
If it's not too hot out tomorrow, I may do the install and some testing of the 1.5" and 2" tips

Cant wait to hear your results. A tip might be what I start with instead of exhaust and fuel module.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts