Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 700 a few weeks ago. My buddy hopped on and was rocking it side to side and I noticed a clunking noise. I bent down and saw the rear sway bar has play. I can move it side to side in the rubber bushings bolted to the frame. Is that normal? The bushings aren’t tight on the sway bar at all.

·
Premium Member
12,737 Posts
Pictures will help us help you....
Check the mounting bolts.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly eps covert green se, 2019 WR250r PW50 that’s it for yammies
98 Posts
my 2021 grizzly has side to side play in the rear sway bar. It doesn’t make any noise when I rock the bike, but if you grab ahold of it, it will clunk side to side.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Normal looking / functioning bushings.

Reactions: Bigtrite

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly eps covert green se, 2019 WR250r PW50 that’s it for yammies
98 Posts
I guess it’s normal then idk. I didn’t think it should move in the rubber bushings
my wildcat rear swaybar was so sloppy I replaced the bushings with energy suspension poly ones that were wider to quiet it down. I’ve never heard my swaybar make any noises on my grizzly so I drive it as is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The design of the stabilizer bar links allow for left / right and up down movement. At level, mine moves side to side about 1/2" or so on a 700 Kodiak.
You might want to look at the links to see what they are hitting to make a noise.
The rubber bushings are sloppy.to allow some movement side to side.

Here's a link to a pic from the IPL of the bar and links.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The design of the stabilizer bar links allow for left / right and up down movement. At level, mine moves side to side about 1/2" or so on a 700 Kodiak.
You might want to look at the links to see what they are hitting to make a noise.
The rubber bushings are sloppy.to allow some movement side to side.

Here's a link to a pic from the IPL of the bar and links.

I found my left rear upper sway bar nut was loose allowing the sway bar to clunk. I tightened up the nut and it seems ok now. Idk how it would of came loose.

·
Premium Member
9,279 Posts
Normal.

·
Premium Member
12,737 Posts
I found my left rear upper sway bar nut was loose allowing the sway bar to clunk. I tightened up the nut and it seems ok now. Idk how it would of came loose.
Glad you found the loose nut.
Shit happens and this is a good example of inspecting your bike often during, after and before a ride.

·
Registered
42 Posts

I would bet it was never tightened in the first place.

Some guys have found a few loose fasteners on the 2022's from the factory.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my 700 a few weeks ago. My buddy hopped on and was rocking it side to side and I noticed a clunking noise. I bent down and saw the rear sway bar has play. I can move it side to side in the rubber bushings bolted to the frame. Is that normal? The bushings aren’t tight on the sway bar at all.
Make sure the bolts are tight where the sway bar bolts to the rear wheels. If it’s loose there it allows side to side movements

·
Registered
71 Posts
Agree with normal..

Most people remove them front and rear anyways so I wouldn’t worry about a little movement. Working as designed. Enjoy now go get it dirty!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts