Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of my new 2022 camo grizzly a week ago. I've already got the itch to upgrade it and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on good things to replace or upgrade.

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
Better tires, winch, heated grips, some sort of rear cargo box at least one mirror.
6' Bale spears are also nice.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've got a winch with a synth cable. Got that for the mid mount plow I also picked up. The rear box would be nice though. Any recommendations on brands?
Kimpex Deluxe Cargo

·
Registered
2021 grizzly 700 eps
20 Posts
Kimpex nomad is a great box. Go up a tire size. I put 27x9x12 all way around swamp lites. Over fenders are great too. I bought direction 2 thermoforming over fenders. The yamaha oem ones look better tho. A front bumper for sure. And a 20 inch led bar for the front. Heated grips are a must have. I went with heat demons. Accessories are addictive and also can get expensive

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kimpex nomad is a great box. Go up a tire size. I put 27x9x12 all way around swamp lites. Over fenders are great too. I bought direction 2 thermoforming over fenders. The yamaha oem ones look better tho. A front bumper for sure. And a 20 inch led bar for the front. Heated grips are a must have. I went with heat demons. Accessories are addictive and also can get expensive
Some great ideas for sure. I think I may have to wait on the tires until I wear the stock ones out to get that past the wife lol. I've been thinking about the heated grips as I will be using for plowing and also ice fishing. I'll have to check and see what for bumper I can run as I am not sure with the plow mount if I can, but that is also a mid mount so it mounts underneath.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Pics please :)

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Grizzly 700 XTR plus coffee holder
52 Posts
Northern Wisconsin mods on my 21 XTR are so far as follows: Cobra quick disconnect windshield, heat demon grips, 30" light bar, yamaha oem rear box, kolpin gun/bow mount, kolpin axe mount, and a yamaha oem front rack extension. I don't like Zillas so they were switched out to a radial sedona buck snort. I am overall very satisfied so far with mod choices except for the over the top 30" light bar. I wanted to utilize the welded brackets that hold the stupid reflectors on the front rack so I did just that. Works excellent and turns night into day, however just looks a bit over the top when the lights not on in my opinion. Good luck with your choices as their are thousands of cool mods based on your lifestyle and what you do with your rig.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Northern Wisconsin mods on my 21 XTR are so far as follows: Cobra quick disconnect windshield, heat demon grips, 30" light bar, yamaha oem rear box, kolpin gun/bow mount, kolpin axe mount, and a yamaha oem front rack extension. I don't like Zillas so they were switched out to a radial sedona buck snort. I am overall very satisfied so far with mod choices except for the over the top 30" light bar. I wanted to utilize the welded brackets that hold the stupid reflectors on the front rack so I did just that. Works excellent and turns night into day, however just looks a bit over the top when the lights not on in my opinion. Good luck with your choices as their are thousands of cool mods based on your lifestyle and what you do with your rig.
Yeah I'm up by Trego and plan on mostly using it for hunting and ice fishing when I don't use my sled. I'm liking the idea of the cobra windshield and heated grips more lately. I am planning on getting the kolpin pro gun mounts as I found out how hard it can be to try and carry one on a sling while riding. Thanks for the great ideas and maybe I'll see you on the trails sometime if you're up by me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Great mods everyone.
I am looking at a camo grizzzly myself

What did you pay for your 22 Camo?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah I'm up by Trego and plan on mostly using it for hunting and ice fishing when I don't use my sled. I'm liking the idea of the cobra windshield and heated grips more lately. I am planning on getting the kolpin pro gun mounts as I found out how hard it can be to try and carry one on a sling while riding. Thanks for the great ideas and maybe I'll see you on the trails sometime if you're up by me.
Yeah, you never know. I have a cabin up by Minong and ride all over up north. Mods I added have been great so far but I recently considered tracks but you can't really use them anywhere in WI except my land and the lakes. Really considering a winter tire setup for deep snow. I stopped buying snowmobiles years ago as the winters would let me down but I ride my atv all winter all over the trails. I have started in Grantsburg Crex Meadows and rode to Superior with my rigs. Campfires and hotdogs along the way.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, you never know. I have a cabin up by Minong and ride all over up north. Mods I added have been great so far but I recently considered tracks but you can't really use them anywhere in WI except my land and the lakes. Really considering a winter tire setup for deep snow. I stopped buying snowmobiles years ago as the winters would let me down but I ride my atv all winter all over the trails. I have started in Grantsburg Crex Meadows and rode to Superior with my rigs. Campfires and hotdogs along the way.
View attachment 101726
Oh nice, maybe I'll run into you this sometime on the trails. I haven't had a chance to take the atv on any trails yet as I'm not sure which ones I can ride on with an atv during winter, but beebop around Trego on the roads. Nice being able to ride to the gas station right on 53 and fill it up also.

I have a snowmobile I've been trying to get running that I got for cheap, but it is a little easier for me to ride it more as I live up here.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I got a quick winch question. I just picked up my 22 Grizzly today:)
I have an old 2008 WARN XT30 winch off of my Rhino. I kept it for someday installing on another SxS or ATV. I told the dealer about my winch and said to get me a mounting plate? They called back and said they do not make a mounting plate for that winch and I would have to buy a whole new set up.

What I am wondering is what mounting plate do I need to order dealer or Amazon that would be close or easiest to modify for my winch.

·
Super Moderator
1,889 Posts
I have an old 2008 WARN XT30 winch off of my Rhino. I kept it for someday installing on another SxS or ATV. I told the dealer about my winch and said to get me a mounting plate? They called back and said they do not make a mounting plate for that winch and I would have to buy a whole new set up.

What I am wondering is what mounting plate do I need to order dealer or Amazon that would be close or easiest to modify for my winch.
Not really sure why they say it won't work. The xt30 has the same 3x4.88 mounting pattern as a new vrx25. Xt25 and xt30 were commonly used on the old grizzly. I personally would order a mount for the new bike and try the old winch on it. Maybe it would need me holes drilled to position the old winch properly, not sure, but easy enough to do. It's either going to work or worst case, you will need to buy a new winch, either way, your still going to need the mount for the new bike. Warn or kfi are best choices with kfi usually being less expensive

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts

This plate will fit the grizzly 2016 Yamaha Grizzly and Kodiak 700 Winch Mount by Warn B16F28M0V000 for sale online | eBay comes with the wiring also. you need a solenoid. I know the VRX35 fits this plate and the plate will fit the 2020 grizzly . so if you bolt pattern is the same i don't see any problem. if that ones sold look for part number B16F28MOV00. nice thing about this is it comes to plug that goes into accessories circuit . Just went down this road. One thing to keep in mind if you ever plan on adding a warn front mount plow. you will need the warn plate 95740 as it will not fit the Yamaha winch mount. of course yamah makes one that does for twice The price

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sorry for all the questions but your machine looks great and I love the Light Bar!
What Amazon company is that? I am looking for one for my bobcat skid steer and grizzly.

Also I cant remember where I read it but some guys(not me) got a factory plug from Yamaha(came with the new machine) that would be your accessories power wire on the key.
What I am wondering is…is there such a plug in you got?
Wheres everyone mounting the switches for the light bars and such?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry for all the questions but your machine looks great and I love the Light Bar!
What Amazon company is that? I am looking for one for my bobcat skid steer and grizzly.

Also I cant remember where I read it but some guys(not me) got a factory plug from Yamaha(came with the new machine) that would be your accessories power wire on the key.
What I am wondering is…is there such a plug in you got?
Wheres everyone mounting the switches for the light bars and such?
I have had a lot of success with Nilight and Mictuning. Mictuning makes a good wire harnesses. I have actually not broken or burnt one out yet and have had them on 4 machines. I seen some videos of that accessory plug but mine did not come with one from the dealer. I did however tie into the wiring with my heated grips to the existing wiring where that accessory plug ties in. I mounted my circle rocker switch in the lower part of the pod. If I gey some time this week I will snap and post a pic.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Has anyone hooked up a reverse light Like the Power Madd system?
I was in a hurry…(n):mad: I hooked a power hot wire to the spark plug looking reverse sensor (green/White wire)
NOW….. I with the hot wire gone….my R on the dash is always on
I tried Running a ground to that wire so when I place it in Reverse the light comes on…? With that I did get the R indicator on the dash to go away but now it will not light up on the dash when in reverse. Did I fry the Sensor?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts