Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

2023 Grizzly 700 SE w/ Ricochet Skid plates

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  10thMountain 
#1 ·
Got the full 10 piece skid plates installed. I emailed Ricochet and got a GC forum coupon code just FYI in case anyone was interested.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
10 piece was $564 total this includes tax and shipping so a pretty good deal I would say. As far as flat out performance yeah the 28’s are prob too big. I think it’s the right amount of meat for 14” wheels though. Ideally I would like 26” tires on 12” wheels but I wasn’t going to bother doing that swap and the rock guards too, it would’ve made more sense to get the standard eps model and go that route. I do like the extra ground clearance though. I guess it’s really just a personal preference of how you’re going to ride, there will be pros and cons to any setup. There’s also not a huge selection of 27x10x14 tires. I also thought 26’s wouldn’t have been enough tire on a 14” wheel but I think it actually would’ve been ok. I wanted to keep the square setup too. The steering doesn’t feel any heavier to me than the zillas did.

#15 · (Edited)
As far as flat out performance yeah the 28’s are prob too big. I think it’s the right amount of meat for 14” wheels though. Ideally I would like 26” tires on 12” wheels but I wasn’t going to bother doing that swap and the rock guards too
I'm curious as to what the true diameter is of your new 28" tires, this is important as the diameter causes the drag to the drive system more than any additional weight by taller tires.
Over the years I've learned that with Maxis tires a tire for 12" wheels is not the same diameter as a tire for a 14" wheel, and because we're using low output engines we must think in 'percentage change in diameter' to understand the 'percentage change in performance' that can be reversed with an equal 'percentage change in pulley ratio' with mods.
Also, did you measure the actual diameter of the stock tires? for comparison to the new tires now installed.
And once you get into the c.v.t. cover I suggest the first thing you do is determine the stock pulley ratio for comparison to all the mods you add in the future.
What I learned with my old 660 will work with your new 700, all you need is the numbers on your bike for comparison.

Reactions: 10thMountain
#18 ·
I'm curious as to what the true diameter is of your new 28" tires, this is important as the diameter causes the drag to the drive system more than any additional weight by taller tires.
Over the years I've learned that with Maxis tires a tire for 12" wheels is not the same diameter as a tire for a 14" wheel, and because we're using low output engines we must think in 'percentage change in diameter' to understand the 'percentage change in performance' that can be reversed with an equal 'percentage change in pulley ratio' with mods.
Also, did you measure the actual diameter of the stock tires? for comparison to the new tires now installed.
And once you get into the c.v.t. cover I suggest the first thing you do is determine the stock pulley ratio for comparison to all the mods you add in the future.
What I learned with my old 660 will work with your new 700, all you need is the numbers on your bike for comparison.
Thanks for the insight Ridgway I’ll have to consider this when I decide to dig into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.