264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reviews:

ATV Rider 1
ATV Rider 2
Outdoortrailsnetwork
Walkaround 1
Walkaround 2

Howdy... dealer says my '22 EPS XT-R is supposed to be here next weekend. I will generally be towing with a '12 GX 460

I guess glad I am getting a '22 as dealer says "2023 won't be introduced until mid-august and probably not shipping for long after that. As I understand there is also going to be a big price increase."

'22 Owner's Manual

FSM at bottom

Past Yamaha experience

'78 100 Enduro
'89 SRV 540
'91 Phazer
'92 Venture

Other ATVs

'85 Honda TRX 250
'07 Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI
'13 Polaris Sportsman 550 EPS EFI

Attachments

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get it something fancy with features might come out next year or a few but wanted something I could count on as reliable. I realize always a roll of the dice but hoping odds are in my favor with this unit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Xa32f634W

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am loving this thing!!!!!

Just picked about 3 hours ago.

Gotta love a small town trusted dealership... it was loaded up in my trailer and I had the key before we had even finalized the paperwork and I had cut a check. :)

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ordered and going to add the following:

- Heat Demon clamp on quad zone in case I add heated seat later

- Rear Rack Riser / always find these useful for cargo... other plans for front so not gonna get that for now

EDIT: Decided to do front as well

Road Legal Kit

Kinda on the fence and will see how well the plastic skids hold up... I do have full Richochet on my other quads. One area that seemed unprotected was footwells so picking up some skids for those. I imagine the first one I break will cause me to order a full set.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also some Camso X4S for winter... I have a set on my my Polaris 550..

This last winter was first where you could license to ride tracked ATV/UTV on snowmobile trails in Washington state. I have sleds too but a nice option.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
There is a positive drive-ability difference with this Yami that is superior to my Polaris models. It must be the Ultramatic at minimum… the Popos are so clunky

I have numerous Polaris sleds as well…and some really old early ‘90s Yami sleds

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice looking bike. I’m looking for a 22 XT-R in eastern WA area, but not having any luck. I’m on a waitlist for a 23, but would rather get a 22 now. Where did you find yours?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing some Grizzlies that might have been in stock somewhere. I’ll keep searching and will check on that one in Bend.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Back on topic, I’d love to see your Grizz after the street legal kit is installed. Same for the Heat Demon controller box. I’m planning to install these as well. Should make plowing in the winter more tolerable.

I think I also need a windshield to be street legal in my town. Looking for one that can quick detach.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
You can substitute goggles like this to forego the windshield.

I got a couple of my Polaris quads licensed back when the law when live back in 2013-2014. A lot of lobbying went on. I plan to license it for snowmobile access this year with the tracks. That law went live last year.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for linking these resources. I had read some of these, but not all. Really helpful info.

I’m in Pullman, WA and the municipality recently legalized ATV’s for road use. The city ordinance states that a windshield is required and needs to comply with the state’s RCW on equipment requirements for ATVs, which itself says that goggles are acceptable replacements for windshields. Confusing, but it seems that goggles would be ok. I’ll check with the local PD.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts