Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
PN: B16-F48A0-V0-00

Glad the fenders are flexible.. if not I would have had to remove the rear racks to install this rear rack extender. The rear fenders are in the way for the forward screws.

Adding a front one as well but hasn't arrived yet. Higher than I thought it would be but very happy as this was for cargo transport and works for my use case.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Leveraged this adapter from other threads to tap my existing taps as current ones go to factory WARN and the 12V outlet

removed the tape and turned it into an inline to control the relay for my Heat Demon install as well as my turn signals & horn.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
A few pics of turn signals, switches and front rack extender. Front rack extender required partial rack removal to get side screws in. Also fit wasn't that great on front side ( a little bit of play) so had to add some rubber grommets to get a secure fit as there was a little bit of play. I now need to wait for my title to arrive before I can get the inspection done for WATV licensing.

I used this kit

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tire

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Shipping box Automotive tire Packing materials Wood Package delivery

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Vehicle door

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I used a regular bit for turn signal switch but step bits works well for horn and turn signals

Numerous install videos online for ATV/UTV suggest use of step bits... I did do a small pilot hole first just in case

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I was a little nervous about muffler/CAT area. Ran wiring through rear storage. You will see the tail-light already goes through there.

I protected wiring with some of this:

Supported by some of these ... we'll see how well suspension holds up

Picture isn't accurate..uses zip ties

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Used a rubber grommet on left side of storage for wiring to exit. I reached out to a Youtube poster who said he didn't have any wiring issues with exposed so I may have went overkill

I will be closely monitoring if anything I have done isn't holding up to the heat

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle Wheel

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Wife came out in garage tonight.. I was about to move ATV into backyard (I have at home right now and gonna take back to cabin a couple weeks)... bear in mind she really isn't into sleds and ATVs..she says..."that is a really nice ATV.....the nicest one we have ever had" :)

The last two Polaris we have purchased new as well.

I've had good luck with my Polaris models but once you tear off the covers it is plainly obvious to me this is a better built rig. I almost bought a '13 550 Grizzly new but purchased the Polaris instead because it was the wife's rig (her choice).... at this point without having any issues it was probably a wash. Factory electrical work between my Polaris and Yamaha is not equitable IMO...with my vehicles.. far more attention to detail and parts with the Yami versus the Popo.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts