Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
135 Posts
Any luck sourcing the Yamaha Canada windshield in the US?
if you mean the thicker VIPAIR and not oem yamaha, they seem to have it available on their websites

we had to wait about 2-3 weeks to get it for a kodiak. Seems like they are built to order

I don't know about shipping to usa cost though

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was looking for the Yamaha quick detach one that you guys have available up there in Canada. Not sure why it's not available through USA dealers. I suppose I could just order from a dealer in Canada and have it shipped to USA?

if you mean the thicker VIPAIR and not oem yamaha, they seem to have it available on their websites

we had to wait about 2-3 weeks to get it for a kodiak. Seems like they are built to order

I don't know about shipping to usa cost though

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
135 Posts
I hear you, life get busy. If I find a good source for the windshield, I'll post back here.
It's better to find a dealer to ship it to you because of warranty and responsibilities, but I have a dealer nearby which has a lot of stock, in case you really can't find a way, I'll buy it and ship for you.

Mind though, that I'll use Canada post (my nearby location too) and these tend to be quite expensive, so that could add to the cost somewhat significantly.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Only small complaint I have about Heat Demon quad controller is sometimes I can't tell what zone is on. The AUX1 and AUX 2 lights shine up enough to make me think I am on Grips or Thumb. I'm learning to notice if it has a dimmer light it is likely I have cycled to an AUX port. One of the first times I was using it I thought something had already failed but it was simply on AUX1 :)

Reflex camera Digital camera Camera accessory Camera lens Camera

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
135 Posts
Only small complaint I have about Heat Demon quad controller is sometimes I can't tell what zone is on. The AUX1 and AUX 2 lights shine up enough to make me think I am on Grips or Thumb. I'm learning to notice if it has a dimmer light it is likely I have cycled to an AUX port. One of the first times I was using it I thought something had already failed but it was simply on AUX1 :)

View attachment 103931
You can adjust light intensity by pressing both the zone and heat button together. You should also find a way to angle it more toward you as I don't have that problem but mine is angled more toward my face
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Product
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant

Land vehicle Plant Vehicle Water Sky

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I love woodstoves and the heat they provide!!!!

I finally picked up my own hydraulic log splitter a couple years back... as got tired of bothering my father borrowing his. I use the quads to tow it around my place as HEAVY...

Wheel Toy Tire Air gun Machine gun

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Rolling

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
135 Posts
Man I'm with you. I heat nearly only with wood. I can get a little free but I wish I could get more and use my new wood splitter (me too haha) more.

Mine is a cheaper yardworks 25 tons I got on special, gets the job done and I'm like a kid using that. You can see it on the canadiantire.ca website.

I went through 14 face cords last year, was a cold winter, but worth it for being at 24c in the house with warm floors (I heat from basement) while it's -30c outside. The girlfriend, and the cats especially, long for the fires. Also love starting the fires after work, or with a beer on a friday evening. Also, moving the wood is a good couple activity. Good exercise. I just love everything about it.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Planning to install tracks next weekend on the Grizzly or the following at latest. Spent a few hours this morning installing track set on my my SP 550.

On Grizzly..removed the factory plastic A-Arm skids for future track install… will put them back on in spring with track removal. Just one small bolt on fronts and rears have two small bolts along with IIRC 6mm head with nut.. same setup as other body plastics for those that didn’t know.

Also adjusted pre-load on Grizzly stock shocks to firmest setting for track install.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Got my tracks put on this morning.. took a little longer since it was different install than my Polaris. Subsequent installations should be quicker though.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Snow

Tire Snow Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·

·
Premium Member
'23 XTR
43 Posts
This was a fun thread to read.

Just ordered my wood stove last week! Fun to see everyones set up. You guys have some great spots...and those tracks are sexy. How do they handle? I've never tried them, they look like a whole heap of fun to drive.

Anyway, great thread for my morning tea. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
What did you order for a woodstove?

Be prepared for a wider turning radius but I'm a little more lenient on the steering limiter cables so not too bad. They are there to prevent track derailment if you turn to sharp at speed.

Top speed with these anyway drops by 50% on average. I'll have to see on the Grizzly if same effect. Amazing what it can get around in the slow and go.... I'm used to full power sledding to not get stuck.

·
Premium Member
'23 XTR
43 Posts
What did you order for a woodstove?

Be prepared for a wider turning radius but I'm a little more lenient on the steering limiter cables so not too bad. They are there to prevent track derailment if you turn to sharp at speed.

Top speed with these anyway drops by 50% on average. I'll have to see on the Grizzly if same effect. Amazing what it can get around in the slow and go.... I'm used to full power sledding to not get stuck.
The wife works at Tractor Supply, so I got the US Stove Forester all loaded up. I have 16' ceiling in the great room, so I'll have a lot of extra pipe heat to play with too. I'll get pics as I install. Going through the roof.

Tracks have always seemed like a blast, I just can't justify the purchase in Ohio. Doesn't get that bad. Just finishing up my pond doesn't help either. 😅 ...one thing at a time.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts