Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ran 25x10 kenda bearclaw htr on all 4 corners? I know Rio ran 25x10 bighorns on his Grizzly. I really need to upgrade the tires on my 2014 for some spring riding. Then if I ever get off my but I need to upgrade the tires on my 2017 700 too! LOL!

Any one have pictures of a a grizzly with 25 inch bearclaw htrs?

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
My buddy runs 27" claws and loves them

Reactions: RansomP

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've got the 26 inch Bear Claw HTR's on my 2016 Griz, 26 x 9 front, 26 x 11 rear. I love them.

I just bought a set of 25 inch HTR's for my wife's 2017 Kodiak. I'm using 25 x 8 in the front, 25 x 10 rear.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I have the 26" HTR'S on mine, smooth and quiet running tire, they are 8 ply radial so they hold up good in the rocks, they hold their own in the mud but are not the best for sure, good in the snow, over all they are a good choice for all purpose trail riding, I have 2600 miles on them and they have about 2/3 wear left on the threads, they are a good choice.

Reactions: RansomP and Pjniez

·
Registered
937 Posts
I think @mainehunter has the same size HTRs all the way around. Maybe he'll chime in with some thoughts soon. I think he went 26 inch though.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I love the 26x9's on all 4 corners of my 450. Did some deep snow riding a few weeks ago and it kept pulling. So I'm sure your 700 could do 10's on all 4 corners, no problem. But why stop at 25's?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a buddy with 26 bearclaw htr's on his sportsman 850 and they're massive. I was hoping the 25's would run a hair big and I might try them. I'm wanting a good cheap tire since this machine is now my backup and just used on the farm. The bearclaw htr's are definitely priced right.

Another tire I've been looking at is the quad boss qbt 446. They're an 8 ply but are known to run a hair small. I might invest in a set of 26's as an experiment for my 2017.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got the 26 inch Bear Claw HTR's on my 2016 Griz, 26 x 9 front, 26 x 11 rear. I love them.

I just bought a set of 25 inch HTR's for my wife's 2017 Kodiak. I'm using 25 x 8 in the front, 25 x 10 rear.

Do you have any pictures of the 25's on your Kodiak? Thanks! By the way the 26's look good!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
@RansomP, I have 26x11x12 HTRs on all four corners on my 700. Installed height at 7 PSI is 25-7/8". I just put them on this winter. Very good in the snow, love the steering and ride. I'm very happy with them so far. I have not done my clutch mods yet, but fairly soon will be doing 1.5mm shim and purple spring. It doesn't NEED it, but I think that by doing the clutch I will be able to do my slow woods trails in high gear without overworking the wet clutch. Right now it's happier in low gear on my trails out back. If I wear these out someday, I might go to 27 x 11, and then get coop to do my sheave. You would'nt need to do any clutch work with 25's. I would say go for it with 25 x 10's all around, or actually any combination you wanted. These are damn nice tires, especially for the price.

Reactions: Pjniez and RansomP

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 12x7 5+2 offset ITP SS316 wheels on all 4 corners so I don't think running 25x10 or 26x9 will make it a different width front to back.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have 12x7 5+2 offset ITP SS316 wheels on all 4 corners so I don't think running 25x10 or 26x9 will make it a different width front to back.
@RansomP, exact same wheels I have.

·
Registered
800 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the 25's on your Kodiak? Thanks! By the way the 26's look good!
I just put them on this afternoon.:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Did you get new wheels again bud? I thought yours were the blacked out 212's.
Ooops, hey, good catch! Righto, all I saw was ITPSS. Mine are the 212's, black, but they are 12" with the 5+2 offset.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I bit the bullet and bought 26x9's to put all the way around. I guess we'll see how that goes. I'll post some pictures when I get them mounted. Hopefully some time next week!

Reactions: RDC and mainehunter

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and bought 26x9's to put all the way around. I guess we'll see how that goes. I'll post some pictures when I get them mounted. Hopefully some time next week!
Awesome Ransom. Hope you like them!

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Nice, I bet you will like them a lot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice, I like those wheels.
Thanks.The factory wheels that come with the Kodiak EPS are the same as the Grizzly factory cast wheels except for the paint. On the Grizzly the background is painted black, on the Kodiak the whole wheel is silver.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts