Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of going 14” STI HD3’s with 27x9 fronts and 27x11 rear Big Horn 2.0’s ( reason for these tires, heard they are lighter then the originals and they don’t have the white letter side wall). Main question, will these fit on a stock 18’ Grizzly LE without any rubbing ? Also is it a must to do clutch work going with this size? I was originally gonna go with 28’s but heard clutch work was a must. Any info would be great. All I do is trail ride and plow my driveway, no mudding at all..

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Thinking of going 14” STI HD3’s with 27x9 fronts and 27x11 rear Big Horn 2.0’s ( reason for these tires, heard they are lighter then the originals and they don’t have the white letter side wall). Main question, will these fit on a stock 18’ Grizzly LE without any rubbing ? Also is it a must to do clutch work going with this size? I was originally gonna go with 28’s but heard clutch work was a must. Any info would be great. All I do is trail ride and plow my driveway, no mudding at all..
They won't rub and will clear fenders and frame without issue. On the clutching side of things, I'm 100% sure you can get by without ANY clutch work with that set up. Simply utilize your Low range a bit more when required.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
My buddy runs 28 inch BH 2.0s with no clutch work on rubbing on his 07 700 and x2 on using low range a little more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not quite sure what you mean by more low range needed. Sorry I’m new to The ATV world. I thought low range was only for steep hills and getting stuck? Do I need to be in low range just cruising trails? Sorry lol. Not quite sure when it’s needed for the riding I do. I just trail ride and plow my driveway

·
Registered
33 Posts
Curious, do you have any pics? Would like to see what this setup looks like

1 - 5 of 5 Posts