Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy some near new 29.5” terminators.

I have never owned tires larger than 27” and currently have 26” bighorn OG’s.

I’m not concerned with clutching( I fool with that all the time)

I understand I will loose the trail snappy acceleration. All that is pretty obvious.

I guess I’m looking for anybody’s opinions on larger tires.

I’m not mud rider but love having lots of ground clearance for trails fill of rocks and stumps.

I also love the look of these tires and machines with huge tires.

Will I regret buying them?

I assume I could sell them for what I paid and would only be out the time and install fees.

Talk me into it or out of it..

Also maybe send a subliminal message to my wife making her think it was her idea. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good deal? You already know the pros and cons. In your budget? Snap them up! Nothing is permenant, like you say, you can always re-sell them. If you don't try them, you will never know!

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Way to talk me out of them.
Haha.
My wife will thank you. Lol

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Way to talk me out of them.
Haha.
My wife will thank you. Lol

Ha, and here I thought I was talking you INTO them!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s what I was hinting at. You make it too easy for me to say yes to tires I don’t really need..
Well I know we all “ Need” more tires. I just don’t need them. Lol

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Because this decision gives me the opportunity to live threw YOU and spend YOUR money, I say go for it! Hell maybe you'll really like them. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
?another one.. ^^^. Haha

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,086 Posts
A small picture of those tires almost looks like something straight out of a Lego set.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Go for it! If all you are out is a little time try it. You might regret it later. Live a little, after all YOLO.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
If I had the money right now, I'd be buying them. I love big tires, and I especially love big lug tires. Terminators being one of the better options available.

You could always resell them again. People around here go crazy of tires like that because they are so hard to get locally and they are so expensive.

Just an FYI though. Terminators are fairly heavy. The Terminator 29.5x10 is 46 lbs each, while the 29.5x12 is 54 lbs each.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Just an FYI though. Terminators are fairly heavy. The Terminator 29.5x10 is 46 lbs each, while the 29.5x12 is 54 lbs each.
Wow! That is Crazy heavy!

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Wow! That is Crazy heavy!
That's not really crazy. Think about it. You got a 6 ply rated 30" high tire that is 10" or 12" wide. Then you got 2" deep lugs covering that whole tire, and those lugs are mostly solid and very thick. That's a lot of rubber.....and it all adds up.

To make them lighter, the tire would have to sacrifice something... durability, puncture resistance, ride quality (less lugs means farther lug spacing), less mud performance by making shallower lugs, etc...

If you look at it in the big picture, 45+ lbs should be expected in a tire like this.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I know there’ll be a big weight penalty, but I’m kinda just using them for the tractor effect not the XMR 1000 wannabe.
Hope I can arrange to get to the seller before he sells them. It’s about 6 hour drive so I’m hoping for him to need to come this way soon.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah, I know there’ll be a big weight penalty, but I’m kinda just using them for the tractor effect not the XMR 1000 wannabe.
Hope I can arrange to get to the seller before he sells them. It’s about 6 hour drive so I’m hoping for him to need to come this way soon.

Oh come on! It'll make a great road trip!

·
Registered
5,704 Posts

I've already been looking on kijiji in NS. They are not on there that I can find. So it must be NB?????

LOL

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've already been looking on kijiji in NS. They are not on there that I can find. So it must be NB?????

LOL

Maybe he sold them. I’ll have to check.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Wait up here. What the heck is Kijiji? Is that Canadian Craigslist?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep gone..
just hours after they’re listed. They’ve sold.
Crap!!
Guess it makes that decision easier..
figures

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yep gone..
just hours after they’re listed. They’ve sold.
Crap!!
Guess it makes that decision easier..
figures

Let us have a moment of silence for Kawis loss...

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
I’ll be the dissenting opinion. I personally have no use for them. I wouldn’t want any tire taller than what I already have. I don’t need off camber stuff being any more challenging than it currently is. I don’t ride deep mud (on purpose, anyway). I’m a trail and trail mud kinda guy.

Now I’ll play the other side. If you get them, you should really pick up a second set of wheels. Then you’ll have the best of both worlds. Call them snow plowing tires or something.

Whatever you decide, the wife I said so.>:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts